“Efficient and Comfortable Place”

Ranked #29 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
San Francisco, CA
“Efficient and Comfortable Place”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

The Hilton Garden Inn is located in a very safe place close to the Sky Harbor Airport. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The room was very clean, and the bed is very comfortable. The breakfast staff knows how to wow the guests. My friends picked me up at the hotel and while they were waiting, the very nice lady who was the breakfast hostess offered my friends a cup of coffee. It was a quick stay. I will return.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
santa barbara ca
Reviewed November 20, 2011

This one just doesn't feel like a Hilton Garden Inn. The other one at the other sode of the airport is the real thing. At this one I could not get anyone to answer the phone to get a wake up call. It was 3am and I called form my room and my cellphoneI stay in HGI about 50 or 60 nights a year and really think they are perfect for a road warrior like me, but this one feels wrong. I had to go down to the desk after calling for 20+ minutes to get a wake up call(sort of important for someone who flies 300k miles a year).I was 3am until about 325 am and I almost called the police thinking all the staff must have a serious problem.
I advise any Hilton users to give this one a miss and go to the REAL HGI at the other side of the airport on East Van Buren. That one looks and feels like a Hilton property. This one needs a lot of work and doesn't even look like a Hilton Garden Inn.

Room Tip: Give this one a miss and go elsewhere
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank peternoone
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed November 17, 2011

We stayed here one night after arriving late fron NYC. The hotel is a ways from the airport if you are arriving, but close if you are leaving.
After finding our hotel, chekc in was efficient, the rooms were clean. Nice touch was the front desk clerk asking if we wanted a bottle of water before we retired..and then not charging us for it.
Too bad they have to charge for WiFi, that is a bit frustrating, but you can get free WiFi in the lobby or restaurant.
Breakfast in the restaurant was good.
If you are looking for a nice stop over hotel, this is a good choice.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Free_Skier
manager212, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Good Morning:

Thank you very much for the kind comments concerning our hotel. We take a great deal of pride in making the airport to hotel transition as easy as possible.

I am a little perplexed in reference to your comments concerning about us charging for WIFI. We provide free wired internet service in the rooms (we will even provide the cable) and free wireless thoroughout the hotel. Maybe a misunderstanding? Either way, if you will contact me I will be happy to examine your account and make any refund if necessary.

Best regards and safe travels,

Randy Forrest
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed November 11, 2011

This Hilton Garden is middle-of-the-road compared to other HGI's.

Rooms were clean and front desk and cafe staff were attentive. HHonors snack bag with Diet Coke was better than the average HGI.

Three items that drag on this hotel. One is that there are no good eating options nearby except for the I house cafe and a waffle place next door. Second is that the rooms have poor sound insulation. I had room on first floor and was woken up multiple times by the person above me walking in the room and flushing their toilet. This hotel is rather new and there is no excuse for not putting in more sound insulation for plumbing and between the joists. Water pressure in the shower was weak -- a common issue with older hotels.

I would stay here again if catching an early AM flight. But! I would make sure to grab a bite to eat before arriving to the hotel and I would request room on top floor.

Room Tip: Top floor to minimize noise
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
manager212, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Good afternoon Peternoone:

Thank you for the response and for letting me know about the late night problem you encountered at our hotel. It is extremely concerning to me and if you wouldn't mind I would really appreciate it if you would contact me with your date of stay so that I can investigate the problem. It could very well be that they encountered a legitimate problem that required them to be away from the desk but if not, I need to find out why.

On the bright side, I was please to see that you rated us so very high in the areas of value, location, sleep quality, rooms and cleanliness. These areas are also very important to us.

Concerning the hotel in general, it is true that we look different than most Hilton Garden Inns. The reason is that we are a conversion property. It was built as a different brand but I assure you that we strictly adhere to the same Hilton Garden Inn requirements.

Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Best regards and safe travels,

Randy Forrest
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We wanted a place that was close to the car rental return, which is some distance from the airport. This hotel fit the bill. The staff, knowing proximity is a consideration, hands out printed directions. Furthermore, there's a not-overpriced gas station on the way.

The hotel is up to HIlton standards: clean and comfortable, good but not luxurious. One complaint: Their Internet connections aren't wireless.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Wheaton, IL
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed here at the end of a week-long tour around Arizona, on the night before our flight departure. Wish we had spent a few more days here! All the rooms are suites. We had a full kitchen and a separate living room with a tv in each room. The suites were not huge, but they were well-equiped and it is always nice to have two rooms to move around in. The breakfast was very good, and we enjoyed the pool and whirlpool. But the main reason I gave it so many stars was the great customer service we received, especially from the front desk (way to go, Travis!). We had some issues with one of our tv's and to make a long story short Travis worked hard to get it fixed for us, and when there was an inadvertent delay in getting it fixed due to the late hour, he went out of his way to work with his manager to surprise us. When we got back from swimming, we found a chilled bottle of champagne and a plate full of chocolate covered strawberries -yum! My husband is a Hilton Diamond member which may have encouraged even better customer service, but I would still consider this above and beyond - more than we have gotten at other Hilton family hotels.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I am a loyal member of Hilton Honors and frequently book travel in a Garden Inn since these properties are consistently reliable. This property clearly didn’t start life as a Garden Inn. It is an all suites property and the rooms have the feel of a Homewood Suites (or similar). The extra space was a pleasant surprise! Check-in was effortless. Early check-in was requested and accommodated. Justin, the front desk clerk, is still in school studying hospitality management and, based on what I saw, he should go far. A true professional! Property is well maintained. Rooms were spacious with a separate living/dining area. Room was extremely comfortable. Even though the hotel is a short distance from the airport, it is situated in such a way that it is very quiet. Had two breakfasts with good quality food and professional service. Overall, I recommend this property to anyone needing accommodations at the Sky Harbor International Airport.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business