“Best bang for your buck!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Stand Up Live

Stand Up Live
Scottsdale, Arizona
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Best bang for your buck!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We've been coming here since it opened and am pleased to say it is now the best club in AZ. People sometimes think comedy clubs are expensive. But movies cost $10 and you basically get one or two small laughs for your money. No alcohol, no food (ok popcorn), guests who talk and use cell phones, etc. not very good entrainment - compare that to Stand Up, cocktails, awesome seating, 90+ minutes of side splitting hilarity, adults only, a strict no interrupting policy, and good food. I say this about food because typical comedy club food is horrible- not here! They have a great menu and chef and the proof is in the taste. Our faves are the Thai Chili wings, Cajun shrimp pasta, the nachos (huge serving), the filet mignon bites with horseradish are amazing. So for a $15 ticket (and up depending) you get a couple amazing hours, great drinks and tasty treats- its a whole evening in one venue! Copper Blues is a great bar/lounge/music venue attached- good to stop in before or after shows. A few caveats about comedy clubs- 1- no talking- period, at all! It's rude! 2- all Clubs Have a two item minimum requirement, 3- they do automatically add 15% gratuity, it's to protect the servers, but if you really had horrible service you can remove it, but really you won't get bad service here. 4- enjoy yourself, don't take offense to jokes- it's comedy! My suggestion is to get buckets of beer or order bottle service, that way you never run out of refreshment or interrupt the show trying to flag a waitress. Have fun!

Visited June 2013

mrs.rose@cox.net
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“I Laughed until I got the bill.....then I cried!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My Husband's Review on our last Date Night:

I LAUGHED UNTIL I GOT THE BILL...
Then I cried.... I Just went out on a date with my wife to see our favorite comedian "Brian Regan" at 'Stand-up Live' in downtown Phoenix. The tickets were $45 a piece with taxes and whatever else they charge you and now the total is $102 bucks. That was ok. I think Brian is the best in the business and although that's a lot of money I wanted to take my wife on a nice date filled with laughs and fun and this was the night to do it. We walk into the place and it's very nice. the air conditioning was kicking and they sat us down in a pretty good seat not far from the stage. Every seat is pretty good in this 500 seat venue. I don't know how they fit that many people in there but when we got to our seat we were so close to the other people on either side of us that I figured it out. You could not eat lobster there or cut a steak without putting your elbow in the other persons face but this is a comedy club and that only lent itself to the beginning of some good laughs with our neighbors. Then the waitress comes over and she's in a bad mood, telling us that she had a long weekend with sold out shows and she had lost her voice etc.... I didn't want to hear it. She probably needed to eat because to be a waitress there and fit yourself through the aisles you had to be about hundred pounds so she was probably hungry too. Anyway, I didn't think much of it and the night continued. We had a menu in front of us and it was filled with comfort foods that were easy to eat so we ordered some nachos. There is also a 2 drink minimum printed on the tickets so we knew we had to get something before we got there. They have lot's to choose from on the menu as far as drinks are concerned. I ordered a martini and my wife some sangria. I should have thought it suspect that there were no prices on the menu but again, I didn't think much of it at the time. So we get our nachos and they looked a little weird. They had greek olives and a cheese sauce instead of real cheese. We live in Arizona, they should know how to make nachos or they should have called it something else. Anyway, the show went on. They host was fine and the opener was Brians' brother "Dennis Regan", he was also good. We ordered our second drink, I had another martini and my wife switched to coffee and baileys. then brian came on. I ordered another drink at that time, a beer. So now we had 5 drinks and some nachos on the bill and we were none the wiser of what was to come. The show was great. Brian is a genius and he had all new material as usual. So now he gets done with his encore and the host comes back on and the waitress's start to put down the bills to everybody in the house. the host tells a few more jokes and the lights are so low that you can't really see the damage. well when I say damage, I mean damage. I could get my car fixed for less. my bill was $73 bucks. for an order of nachos and 5 drinks. yes, I had 2 martini's 1 sangria a baileys and coffee and a beer and of course some nachos. They automatically put %15 gratuity on the bill. (I usually tip %20 but still) $73 dollars for nachos and a few drinks? I've gone to 5 star restaurants and spent less. what a rip off. I mean gimmie a break. I am literally up at 4 in the morning writing this review because I'm so pissed at that place. I know they are downtown and this is 2013 but really, come on man. I will never go back there again. Sorry Brian, I guess I'll have to buy your next concert on DVD.

Unhappy...

Visited June 2013
4 Thank plasticnurse
Maricopa, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Time, Everytime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have been a number of times to see many different comedians. While we can certainly say we like some of the comedians better than others, Stand Up Live is just awesome. Joel and his staff are amazing and treat everyone well. There isn't a bad seat in the place and the food and drinks are awesome.

Visited December 2012
Deer Lodge, Montana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice venue, bad comedy!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Went last night to open mic night and was sorely disappointed! I loved the atmosphere and was hopeful of a good show but the comedy was horrible. I enjoy a good laugh but none were to be found here. Steer clear of open mic night and watch out for those spendy drinks! Plan on going here only for headliners only and to drink soda and bottles water!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank MollyP79
Phoenix, Arizona
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Headliners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great acts inc. the headliner Bobby Lee. We had good seats. There is the 2 drink minimum and their too pricy, but this is usual for this type of venue. Food menu was usual fare, a little pricy, but again normal for a comedy club. We all had a great time and laughed a lot. Cityscape is a great area downtown with a number of bars and restaurants in the area. The comedy club and others validate parking at Cityscapes garage. Check it out!

Visited March 2013