“Loved it!”
Review of Sage Kitchen - CLOSED

Sage Kitchen
Cuisines: Healthy
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Description: Sage Kitchen (formerly Chakra 4 Vegetarian Restaurant) serves plant based comfort foods that are healthy and delicious. Feel free to relax and indulge, we'll make sure it's good for you.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Loved it!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I recently vacationed in the Sedona area and based on the timing of my drive back to Phoenix and my flight, I decided to look for a vegetarian/vegan restaurant in Phoenix. I am so glad I found Chakra 4! The moment I entered the restaurant, the aroma (tea? food? both?) was pleasant. I was immediately greeted then seated at a small table. Since I had already read the reviews and menu on Trip Advisor, I knew what I wanted to order. I asked the server if the Hercules burrito could be made vegan and she confirmed it can be. Away she went with my order and I took in my surroundings. The restaurant portion is not very big however it appeared that with the number of chairs and tables in it, nobody was bumping elbows. The decor was simple yet warm. The other half of Chakra 4 seemed to be full of teas and other items (perhaps this is a shop?). It didn't take long for my food to arrive. Luckily I cut into the burrito (instead of picking it up) because it was steaming hot. I like hot food to be hot ... but since it was about 108 degrees outside, it didn't take long for me to ask for cold ice water. The burrito was excellent! Very filling and since I am moving towards a vegan diet, I really appreciated the fact that they were able to accommodate my request.

After I ate, I asked if they had any vegan desserts. Why yes they do. All of the desserts on the top rack of their dessert case were vegan. I decided to get the vegan/raw chocolate ganache. I brought it into the airport with me and enjoyed a fantastic dessert while waiting for my flight. The ganache cost $9.00 which I think is a little expensive so maybe next time they can cut the slices into bigger portions. :)

This was the best meal I had on my entire vacation! The next time I'm on Phoenix, I will definitely stop by again.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Susan B

Scottsdale, Arizona
“A Truly Good Place”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I know I reviwed this place before but, I can never get over how good it truly is, I love this place. Today I had the Cowgirl wrap (in a teff wrap) and mushroom & onion soup - so good. And the naked iced chai, refreshing. I couldn't have been happier with my lunch. Today I took pics to share :o).

• Visited May 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I underestimated this place! The organic chocolates WOW!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

The lunch was very tasty. I had the burrito and the accompaniment of the salsa made it great! There are generous servings, service was fair yet very friendly and sweet. The organic home made chocolates are the bomb!

• Visited March 2013
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“like something i would make at home”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Its nice to find a place that knows what the hell they are doing. Not like some of the other psyudo vegan restaurant trying to be trendy. this is the real deal. Its a tad expensive but i haven't found a better veggy place yet. So in that respect its a fair price.
Cons: They had cut live 200+ year old manzinititas and hung them on the walls. it looks nice but your never supposed to do that. i guess they believed it was ok.

• Visited February 2013
Aroma Park, Illinois
“Unique Vegetarian Experience”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

First off, I am not a vegetarian, however, my wife is and that's why we choose to eat at this restaurant. How many teas are there in this world? I think Chakra 4 has all of them. They serve their hot teas in a press.We both ordered wraps, Mediterranean Wrapsody and a Black Bean Sunflower.As for dessert, we both had cheesecake but not the normal cheesecake that I expect. This was not baked, but made with raw product and sweeten with agave. This restaurant is not for everyone but if you are a vegetarian or love that style of food, then this place must get on you list. My wife loved it. At the end of our meal our server gave us some fennel for our digestion. They are open for lunch and dinner, however, they close at 7PM.

• Visited December 2012