“Would never stay here again!”

Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave.
Ranked #157 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
San Antonio, Texas
“Would never stay here again!”
Reviewed August 15, 2010

key never worked, would have to get it re-keyed daily. Shower drain did not work. This place is not quiet. Had drug deals going on throughout the night in the parking lot as well as trailer trash as quests coming in throughtout the middle of the night. Unless you are use to living in the qhetto i would not recommend this place. My colleague who also was staying here experienced upon checking in having to go thru 3 rooms until one was found that was not dirty. First room the key didnt work (sound familar) then when he was able to access the room the bed wasnt made and the room was dirty. The second room he was given looked like a cancun party had been there with a razor blade left on the nightstand. The third room next to the office looked like the employees used the restroom in it frequently without cleaning it. It was missing a shower curtain, coffe maker and bed pillows. In other words stay somewhere else!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank apd1975

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 11, 2010

This is a silent and nice place. The cost was also not high. You have the best buy and a shopping mall next to this hotel.so it is a nice time pass in the night

Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Really downmarket. "Studio suite" really . The decor is, well, you really can't apply the word "decor" to the room, especially the bathroom, which is the barest I've seen. No swimming pool, which is exceedingly rare in the Phoenix area. On the other hand, considering that you get a room with a kitchen, in a decent area of town, and the price is as low as it is, it's hard to complain too much. You get what you pay for, and in this place, you're not paying very much.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Chisnik

Travelers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed November 20, 2009

I didn`t expect much, and that is what i got. At first it don`t look to bad, but that changes. It`s more of a long stay hotel than a regular hotel. People sitting outside their doors at night. I seen the police there a couple of times in a week, not sure what for. When paying for a week at a time the rooms only get cleaned once a week. But you can get clean towels anytime from the front desk, or so they said. It did have a full fridge, a two burner stove and a microwave. Wiifii was $ 5.00 for the lenght of the week. The TV was around a 26" , But not a lot of channels. I`m not sure i would recommend this to anyone, Unless that is all they could afford. $ 212.00 for a week.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank bozhawg
Susanlarson, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave., responded to this review, November 23, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Phoenix - Metro Center. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I do appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concerns. Although I regret not being able to accommodate your viewing preferences, I hope that my explanation on this site can help others know exactly what to expect at our hotel. Each room is equipped with a cable television with limited expanded cable, including the following package of TV channels: Showtime, Showtime 2, CNN, CNN Headline News, Fox News, TNT, WTBS, Discovery, Cartoon Network, USA, Oxygen, ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN News, ESPN Classic, ESPN U, and The Weather Channel, as well as locally broadcast network affiliates including ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, and PBS. Please know that your comments are very useful for us as we work to offer the best television channels for our guests.

phoenix, az
Reviewed June 26, 2009

Didn't really expect much in this part of Phoenix, but not only has the area improved but this hotel is one welcome addition!! The people in the office were great. Pleasant, friendly,and proffesional. We were allowed our privacy without interruption. The room was modest but nice and it was most definately clean. We'll do it again soon as we get the chance. Pat and Toni

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
phx
Reviewed June 5, 2009

Being familiar with Phoenix, thought because of location & price this would be a downgraded area. We were shocked checking in. The desk peopler were very friendly making telephone reservations & the welcome we got upon arriving was very outgoing, (THE WAY EVERY BUSINESS SHOULD BE) We felt truly appreciated. Unbelieving, when we drove in, very pretty site, grounds very nice, clean & well kept (didn't see a gum wrapper). Above all we got to the room opened the door & what a surprise. Cozy & clean, TV, kitchen area with large bar and stools, large refr. full stove, Microwave,
coffeepot, cabinet area stocked with with dishes and cookware, cabinet drawers stocked with utensils for eating & cooking. Very large bathroom. Could live there and be very comfortable. We will be making this our place to stay when going to the valley. Much cheaper then taking our 5th wheel,
I realize this read as a paid advertisement & believe me if I read it, I would also think so.
However, I do a sure you we are an ordinary senior could who live in the mountain area of Arizona and go to Phoenix often for shopping. We have stayed at numerous places in Phoenix at higher prices and does not have the amenities this room included.
SANDI in Arizona

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank strawberryaz
NYC
Reviewed June 5, 2008

It is a budget hotel and it definitely feels like one. It is a hotel with outdoor corridor with people just hang out by their doors. The room seems dated but reasonably clean. There is a very strong, bothersome ammonia smell, however. I cannot put my finger on what might be wrong with the hotel but I would say it is at best an ok stay.

• Disliked — ammonia smell
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple