“For the price, you really can't complain too much”

Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave.
Ranked #156 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
“For the price, you really can't complain too much”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Room was outdated & had a smoke odor. Bed had stains on the sides. Would not stay here. Price reflects the room. There were no ice machines. Lots of places to eat around the area.. The room was just musty smelling. It was dated & needs some serious cleaning or updating.

• Stayed March 2013
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave., responded to this review, March 31, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that your stay was not very good. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am trying to get some things updated and new. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dlp@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The wife and I booked this hotel for a weekend getaway. I knew to lower my expectations going into this after reading multiple bad reviews by prior guests but sheesh!.......It was WORSE than imagined. Just about all of the bed linens needed to be replaced upon arrival. Dirty pillowcases, blanket, and comforter with cigarette burns throughout. Vomit stained mattress and box spring covers. Toilet did not flush completely. Multiple stains on the carpet. If you look at the room in detail, you'll find dirty, dusty, pet hair covered corners. Fridge was very noisy as it ran. I didn't dare try looking behind the bed. Sends shivers up my spine thinking of what I may have uncovered. In short, we tried to save a few bucks by booking this place and paid severely by spending an uncomfortable weekend and a nasty place. We will NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: Ha! Good luck with that. I doubt one exists.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bc322
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave., responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situations and standards you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am continuing to have cleanness meetings with my staff so we can correct these issues. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dlp@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Traveling on business my room was pre arraigned, VERY MUCH A DUMP. Price is competitive but you get what you pay for. As a young business professional all I'm really looking for is a comfy bed, a nice shower, good internet and a decent TV. This offers none of those, bed and rooms are very small, shower is very out dated and forget HD TV, they didn't even have 16x9 flat screens, you're back in the 90's watching 4x3 tube TV. Plus it's 80 degrees in February and they don't even offer a pool, also a good distance from downtown. There's a reason it's $60 a night, my advice is spend the extra $20 and go somewhere more up to speed, this place is very subpar.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank DavidHughes1
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave., responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay was un enjoyable.Please know that while staying with us you can always use the pool or work out facility at one of our sister locations. We have one as close as 2 miles away. Also Extended Stay Hotels are in the process of renovation on over 650 locations. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dlp@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Pebble Beach, California
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Sheraton is down the street. This Homestead Suites offers no frills, but it offers you a peaceful and comfortable stay. Banks, markets, restaurants, etc. are nearby. This location is very convenient for any business or leisure travelers. I will definitely stay here again.
Given my great experience staying at Homestead suites, I was completely surprised to have read others complaints. Was I just lucky and got a clean, nice and quiet room? Late March this year, I will book this hotel again. Last year I stayed at the Hilton in Scottsdale and paid 5 times more, but I was not impressed with Scottsadle Hilton, even though the Hilton was very nice and offered numerous amenities, I will not stay there again, now that I have found Homestead So if you need a safe and quiet place that feels like home, Homestead suites is definitely a sweet deal, and then some!!! Again, Jessica at front desk had a pleasant disposition. She checked me in at 4 pm, and it took less than 3 minutes and I was given the keys to the room and got some rest immediately:))))

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave., responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate the positive feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
PORT ORCHARD
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My first impression from the street was great. But upon getting to room not so good. The bed was worn out years past. I think I would been better to sleep outside on the ground. Went to the front office and they just said "Nothing we can do"
Then to top it off I turned on my computer to be completly taken over by malware just after logging into the hotel's free wifi. They went right through my Norton like it wasen,t even there.
Would not recomend this to anyone.

Room Tip: My guess there is none.
1 Thank JOHN K
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave., responded to this review, November 30, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that the bed and the Wi-Fi internet were not up to your standards. To prevent this from happening again, my team and I promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us. Although we can typically identify and limit users who are tying up network resources, an overall slowness can be experienced across the network before we are able to respond.  I assure you that I take your comments very seriously, and that we will continue to invest in reliable wireless Internet access for our guests. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dlp@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Crested Butte, Colorado
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Upon reading some of the reviews (2) I wasn't sure what to expect...I was pleasantly surprised to find more than adequate accommodations for an evening...In this economy MOST of us don't have a private jet or yacht..A decent bed,clean sheets, and a warm meal "hits the spot" ! And thats what I Got. A great bargain on a budget. Floor & sheets were clean,NO "undesirables" at my door or my car, the bed didn't squeak either! I felt some of the reviews were rather harsh & biased.. service was good.. good job guys!

Room Tip: further from office toward rear of parking lot.(traffic noise)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave., responded to this review, November 27, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Phoenix - Metro Center. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We went up to Phoenix for a quick night with family, and a reservation was made for us at the Homestead. When we walked into the "non-smoking" room, it reeked of old smoke - the kind that is deep in the walls. I took my shoes off and the carpet was crunchy under my feet. I never let my feet touch the carpet again. The bed was one of the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on, the sheets were scratchy, and the pillows were horrible.

We opened the windows to help with the smoke smell, and there were "transactions" being made in the parking lot all night - I honestly don't want to know what kind.

As someone else said in their review - KEEP DRIVING!

1 Thank catzen
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave., responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Phoenix - Metro Center. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Please understand that maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve. We also know that a comfortable bed is our guest’s most valued amenity, which is why we poll our guests on their satisfaction with our bedding. Although our company regularly invests in bedding upgrades, including pillow top mattresses, to respond to customer’s preferences, we need to keep getting feedback like yours in order to steer us in the right direction. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of our guest corridors, to the personalized voicemail, is an integral part to creating a “home away from home” experience for our guests.
I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.