Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave.
Ranked #158 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This place was a dump. I personally witnessed drugs being sold and i suspect prostitution taking place upon my arrival in the parking lot. The tile in my room was so nasty that my shoes stick to it. The paint on the walls had been touched up with a color that did not match. The bed was hard and noisy when any movement occurred. If i hadn't booked through a third party, i would have cancelled and left. I definately would not have stayed there if my family had been with me.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave., responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Phoenix - Metro Center. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology. Please understand that maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve. We also know that a comfortable bed is our guest’s most valued amenity, which is why we poll our guests on their satisfaction with our bedding. Although our company regularly invests in bedding upgrades, including pillow top mattresses, to respond to customer’s preferences, we need to keep getting feedback like yours in order to steer us in the right direction. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of our guest corridors, to the personalized voicemail, is an integral part to creating a “home away from home” experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn’t interfere your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay. Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.

Reviewed December 1, 2011

I understand when you stay in an extended stay motel to not expect a worldclass hotel, but this place could be much better. Check in was real easy and the front desk people were great.That being said the room was something out of an old motel 6. Beds were shoved as close to the door as possible to allow room for fridge and cooktop. Cracks in walls throughout and just an overall not clean feel and smell to the place. 2 queen bed room with only 1 chair in the place. Closet door were removed and old wire shelves put up around the room helped and tio the cheap feel. Won't be coming back.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank phread45
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Check-in was quick and painless. Rooms are basic, functional, and clean. My room was a one bedroom studio with a large bed, fully equipped kitchen with stove (no regular oven), microwave, and refrigerator, with a large breakfast bar that also doubled as a work desk. The only issue I encountered is that there as a mild, funky smell when I entered the room - smelled a bit like spoiled milk. I checked but could not find a source for the smell, but since I was only going to be there one night, it didn't matter. Looking at some of the other recent reviews, I didn't encounter any of the issues that others have reported. I did not use the wireless internet service (there is an extra charge for it), since I bring my own mobile wi-fi hotspot. Hotel is convenient to I-17. Note - If you book this hotel, be sure to check out the brand's website, as various discounts (AAA, senior, weekend specials) are available. If you're a first time visitor to the website, you can sometimes snag an additional $10 off the quoted rates.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank step12dude
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I booked a non-smoking suite SEVEN weeks in advance, yet they had none when we checked in. They had no other rooms and this was close to our meeting, so we had to stay in this smelly cave. The management refused our request for a refund for our inconvenience. They had a take it or leave it attitude. The clerk said just because we reserved a non-smoking room didn't guarantee that we would actually get one. What??? Then why offer non-smoking rooms?

The bathroom floor was sticky and dirt was in the corners. There was no lock mechanism in the bathroom door, just door knobs. Blue nail polish was splattered on the bathroom wall and waste basket. The kitchen had one skillet to cook in -- no sauce pans. The upholstered chairs were frayed down to the stuffing, and the carpet was dirty. Don't stay here or any other brand that this corporation owns.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank RoadrunnersNewMexico
Reviewed November 22, 2010

Me and three relatives were going to stay here as I had a business meeting on the weekend. There were drunk guys hanging outside the rooms, women that looked like "working girls." One ine room the first thing we saw was a bug crawling across the bed! In the other room we rented the bathroom door was taped up as it was falling apart. I asked for non-smoking but the entire room was baked in cigarette smell! It smells like mildew right outside the front desk. There is no seperation between the toilet and the shower. This place was horrible, beyond belief. SAVE YOUR MONEY! THE ROOMS MAY BE CHEAP BUT THEY ARE HORRIBLE AND INCREDIBLY DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank amberlyn92
Susanlarson, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave., responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Phoenix - Metro Center. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Reviewed October 22, 2010

Sitting in my hotel room now. Checked in for a month while I find other accommodations. I chose this place because its a great location. Coming in I wasn't expecting much, but maybe a little more than what I'm getting. When I initially tried to get a room they were sold out. The lady at the front desk was swarmed with people calling on the phone, and walking into the lobby. It took forever for us to find out they had no rooms. When we came the next week, the same situation for the poor front desk lady. Once inside the room I was pretty happy with the accommodations. Sure the bed feels like cardboard, and the decor is shabby, but its livable. I could basically complain about every amenity, the drain is clogged, the maid never came in a whole week, one of the stove-tops is blown out, the TV is fuzzy and weird, the internet is kinda slow, the coffee pot leaks. Oh yeah, and the dishes that came with the place, one of them is a burnt spoon that's been bent back into shape. Haha, I actually really like it here for what it is.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank Zee_42
Reviewed August 15, 2010

key never worked, would have to get it re-keyed daily. Shower drain did not work. This place is not quiet. Had drug deals going on throughout the night in the parking lot as well as trailer trash as quests coming in throughtout the middle of the night. Unless you are use to living in the qhetto i would not recommend this place. My colleague who also was staying here experienced upon checking in having to go thru 3 rooms until one was found that was not dirty. First room the key didnt work (sound familar) then when he was able to access the room the bed wasnt made and the room was dirty. The second room he was given looked like a cancun party had been there with a razor blade left on the nightstand. The third room next to the office looked like the employees used the restroom in it frequently without cleaning it. It was missing a shower curtain, coffe maker and bed pillows. In other words stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank apd1975
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
North Mountain
Quality Inn Phoenix North I-17
Candlewood Suites Phoenix
#70 of 174 in Phoenix
North Mountain
Comfort Suites Phoenix North

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave.

Address: 2102 W Dunlap Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85021-6104 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Phoenix > North Mountain
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #158 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Price Range: $50 - $90 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave. 2*
Welcome to Crossland Studios Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap. We are west of I-17 on Dunlap Ave, just east of 19th Ave. We feature 142 single queen and 2 bedded rooms that were renovated in February 2017. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Phoenix Metro Hotel Phoenix