WINNER WONDERLAND

Holiday Inn North Phoenix
Ranked #109 of 177 Hotels in Phoenix
“Not very accommodating”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I didnt get the room i was offered. the girl at the front desk wasn't helpful at all she didn't even know the room types. She had me wait more than an hour in the lobby just to let me know that she didn't have the room I wanted. The restaurant staff wasn't very welcoming. I would not recommend this hotel. I doubt I will ever come back to it. they need to really work on customer service. The Next morning I went and spoke to another lady at the front desk and then again she wasn't very helpful and all she could say was sorry. I am very very disappointed with their customer service. They need to remember that we as guests are the ones I keep them in business.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
HIPHXNO, Manager at Holiday Inn North Phoenix, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on our staff’s performance during your stay. Our guest comments are the best way for us to evaluate the service the staff is providing. As a new hotel we a constantly providing our staff with training to update them on guest expectations. We hope if you return to the Phoenix area you will give us the chance to show you how much we have improved.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hampton, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at this property for 6 nights in June.
For a hotel that re-opened after a multi-million dollar renovation six months ago, I was truly disappointed. The condition of the property was distressed, and three evenings out of the six I was there, I had to walk past piles of dirty linens balled up in the common area hallways (first floor). At 9:00 pm, I'm guessing these aren't going anywhere until the Hskpg staff returns in the am.
The passenger elevators had grafitti scrtached into the finishes, and a soda spilled on the floor onf one that had been there long enough that it had dried to tacky, and had been tracked out of the elevator and down hallways. I made the Front Desk aware, but there was a long lapse before anything was done to clean it up, or it''s resulting mess.
Housekeeping was hit and miss, with more broken packets of coffee being left in the room, than not. The continental breakfast was a real disappointment. I travel often, and typically stay at HI Express. I expected something similar, and was grossly disappointed. This buffet had eggs, toast, mini-muffin, coffee, and juice. One morning, there was packaged sweet rolls. Be sure you bring your breakfast ticket with you, or you'll be making the pilgrimage back to your room to retrieve it if you want your breakfast.
Lastly, there were only two persons out of five that I interacted with during the week at the Front Desk that had any level of professionalism. Between another room trying to charge room service to my room number (multiple times), to chronic issue with my key card losing it's reading, I was glad to leave and travel home.
I originally chose this location for it's proximity to my needs, and the fact that it was a 6-mo old renovated property. I won't be staying at this location again - not with the multiple opportunties that exist in this market.

Room Tip: Be sure not to choose the 1st level. The elevator bank is located halfway down the hall, so there i...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to express your thoughts and concerns. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. We take all reviews positive and negative as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer to improve the stay of our guests.
Victoria, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

OK for 1 night. Booked because of location; should have tried one of the others down the street. Brand new but nothing stellar.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the kind words and we are glad that you enjoyed the renovation and your stay. If there is anything we can do in the future we are here to assist you
Glen Allen, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

Everything was as expected from the hotel, except I have had better room service food at other hotels (it is important to note that the food was not horrible).

• Stayed March 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

The hotel was renovated recently, so the room was almost brand new. The staff was very friendly and helped me with some sightseeing possibilites. Pool and jacuzzi were good, but we kept telling them no towels were out there. They were very prompt in getting more towels.
The beds were really comfortable and if I can figure out how to get a shower like that, I am definately doing it!!!! Having a refrigerator and microwave was a big help.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

Close to just about everything. Are isn't the nicest but it's safe. Hotel was clean as if it were a 5 star Hotel in Vegas. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2012
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

Hotel was wonderful! We booked a horrible hotel then switched to this! The beds were awesome! Choice of pillows, nice bathroom and clean. They don't have a breakfast buffet or any free breakfast items. They do have a restaraunt though. Pool is not heated either. The rooms have a microwave, and a small fridge. Would stay here again though!

Room Tip: Top floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family