“not worth the price”

$129.00*
and up
Apache Trail and Dolly Steamboat One Day Van Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Across Arizona Tours: Guided Tours to the Grand Canyon, Sedona and more! We conduct tours throughout Arizona. Tours for individuals to join include: Grand Canyon with Sedona and Navajo Reservation. Sedona, Jerome and Montezuma Castle. Apache Trail and Dolly Steamboat. Sedona Red Rocks and Wine Country. Phoenix, Scottsdale with Heard Museum. Custom tours anywhere in Arizona for any size group,one day to multiple days. Excellent, knowledgeable, fun guides. Comfortable vehicles with large windows and speaker systems to clearly hear your guide. Complimentary bottled water on all tours.
Scottsdale, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“not worth the price”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We recently went on a 1/2 day tour of Phoenix. We checked reviews prior to booking and they were positive for the most part. We were very disappointed in the condition of the van which was very rickety and rattled a lot and the windows were too low to see out of without bending down. Now, we were in the back so did not get a forward view - seat backs also too high to see over. The mic was not crisp and clear and you really had to "work" to hear what was being said. Our guide although very nice tended to forget names, dates & facts and spent lots of time "aahing" and "umming". But our biggest disappointment was the amount of tour time LOST on our guide getting off track and talking about personal things like movies he had seen or conversing with those near him on non-tour subjects, as we were passing so many things that I would have liked to know about. So much time was lost on info unrelated to what we had come for & what we had PAID for - history and sites of Phoenix. It was not worth the price by any means. When you deduct the 1 hour Heard Museum (on your own), and the 45 min drive from the Heard back to drop-off points (with no narration), and time lost on idle chatter, there is maybe 1-1/2 hrs of tour - NOT worth $168! I called the company immediately after the tour expressing these concerns, and received a call back (left message) the following day stating that they had checked with the 2 other couples on the tour who were very happy with the tour and felt the guide was charming (as did we) and one who said they were upset with my husband and I who arrived a few minutes late to the van at the Heard Museum. In light of those responses they saw no reason for our complaints. NONE of our concerns were even mentioned which was a very unprofessional response......and our "aha" moment. I cannot recommend this tour company.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank nantsi
Leonardo_A_Gem, Manager at Across Arizona Day Tours, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
In response to the review of our Phoenix tour below, Leonardo Gem is an Arizona Guides Association Certified Guide. He has been conducting tours throughout Arizona for over 16 years. He has been tested for his knowledge of Arizona, including the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Leonardo has conducted 100s of these city tours. Your comment that he does not know his facts goes against logic and the dozens of complimentary letters he has received on Yelp, Trip Advisor, Google Places and letters mailed to us which are on file and displayed on our website, too.

When you called and insisted on a full refund, we told you we would pole the others. We told you that we would not be giving you a full refund and you said that then you were going to give us a review. We felt even more strongly that we needed to pole the others on the tour to get their honest opinions.

After poling the other people on the tour, we felt that even though you were very insistent, a refund was not justified in this case.

Next, Carole in our office called you. When you didn’t answer, she left a message addressing Each and Every one of your concerns. Also, you did not pay $168.00 for this tour. Your tour cost you $68.50 per person, or $137.00 total.

We know that Leonardo conducted a fine tour. We are proud of the quality of our tours and are sorry that you didn’t feel the same as everyone else on the tour with you.

Pembroke, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Good trip, friendly guide.”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

This trip was good. Our guide kim was very nice and we had a small group of only 4 in the van. I was not crazy about the van as you do not get great views and are a little wabbly, however you do have various stops. It is a long drive and you see the same stuff on the way back. I wish they had an alternate road. Overall it was OK.

Visited March 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great day out and highly recommended”
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Just back from a day tour to the Grand Canyon. An excellent day out and a number of memories that will stay with me for a very long time.

Our guide Robin was very knowledgeable on the history and geology of Arizona. He also ensured we got to the canyon as early as we could, having checked the weather before we left Phoenix and noting that it may deteriorate. We arrived in time for great views of the canyon - 30 minutes later there was heavy snow and visibility was very low.

The weather meant a detour from the planned route to the wonderful town of Prescott and a couple of beers the the excellent Palace Saloon.

Dropped back at the hotel at 8:30pm after a 13 hour round trip. Great value for money.

Many thanks to Robin and the other guests who really made it a great day.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank PaulG1212123
Leonardo_A_Gem, Owner at Across Arizona Day Tours, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you for your review of your Grand Canyon Tour with Robin.

We agree that he is an excellent guide. We're so happy you enjoyed Prescott, too.

Please let us know when you visit Arizona again. We'd love to take you on another of our amazing tours!
Phoenix, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Here is an honest review.”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I recently had family in town and had the chance to travel with this company to the Grand Canyon. They were recommend by the staff of The Cibola Vista Hotel. After researching them , and many other sites we choose Across Arizona. What a mistake!

The Deluxe Vans they rave about are nothing more then a factory built van with bus seating. The seats are very uncomfortable and are broken and bent over from excessive use. The van had over 200,000 miles and was rattling like you could not believe.

When I commented to the tour guide that I felt we were ready to blow a tire, she commented back, and I quote! " I wouldn't doubt it" What does that mean?

Next the driving skills of the guide left something to be desired, she exceeded the posted speed limit all day long, if the speed limit was 45, she went 55! When the speed limit jumped to 75 she went 85! All of this on winding mountain roads that were filled with holiday travelers. I spoke to her about my concerns, she did slow down and seamed to obey the rules a little better. That was only after I threatened to call her boss.

The driver smoked , and her jacket smelled horrible. She seamed a little to concerned with what the other tour guide were doing, She made several negative comments about the companies at the Grand Canyon. To be honest I traveled with one of them, and they were a First Class out fit, and they gave me lunch! I will review them else where, look for my Apache Trail Review.

The tour of the Grand Canyon was acceptable, we could have stopped at more then three spots and I feel an 1 hour is just to long to be dropped of for "shopping time" when we could have been enjoying one of the seven wonders of the world.

One last thing, check your tour guides facts, when I goggled some of the facts shared on our trip I was really surprised! Our guide changed history!

At the end of the tour , we were asked to review her on trip TripAdvisor, she told us she would get a bonus for the most reviews. I think this should also be banned by TripAdvisor. This is my first time using this site, I am sure I will be back.

Visited December 2011
3 Thank aznativetravler
Thank you for your review of our tours. We appreciate your taking the time to post your comments.

We have taken your concerns to heart and are correcting the issues you have mentioned.

I can assure you that at no time do our guides receive a bonus for reviews on Trip Advisor.

All of us at Across Arizona Tours strive to provide you with tours you will enjoy and treasure for a lifetime.

We hope that you will decide to return to Arizona some time in the future, and hope you will give us another chance to take you on one of our amazing tours.
Rishon Lezion, Israel
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Amazing day tour to Grand Canyon South Rim (from Scottsdale, AZ)!!!”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

We recently visited Fountain Hills, Arizona for just four days & decided to dedicate one day to visit the Grand Canyon. We booked on line in advance with Across Arizona Tours for a one day van tour to the South Rim. We were contacted the evening before the tour by a company representative who told us where to meet our guide & answered all of my questions pleasantly & patiently. The next morning we set out early with great excitemnt & anticipation to see one of the world's greatest landmarks. We met our tour guide, Leonardo (Leo) in Scottsdale & began our journey. After picking up several other people along the way we started driving toward the Canyon. Rding in a comfortable van, stopping along the way for restrooms & snacks, seeing Flagstaff & finally arriving at the Grand Canyon National Park's South Rim, we were treated to a day full of seeing, experiencing, learning, laughing & feeling the great majesty of the Grand Canyon. Leo's vast knowledge, story telling charm & lovely character made the day an unforgettable experience. We stopped at El Tovar lodge, along with several other amazing vista points along the South Rim & were blessed with clear, beautiful weather & unbelievable views! We also stopped for a lovely lunch & then later went on to the Navajo Indian Reservation + trading post (shopping opportunity - yay!). All in all it was a great day & we will never forget it. We would definitely recommend it to anyone who has limited time but would love to see this true gem of nature.

Visited November 2011