“Better off elsewhere!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Visiting from Colorado and we were looking forward to a fun night away from our kids....... did not happen! The place was packed full of families which is nice to see but still not what we were anticipating. Food was mediocre and service was slow; granted it was busy but no effort was given to us for a while after we were seated! Have fun here if you want no attention!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was our best meal in Phoenix. We were looking for a place that had great food and that our teenaged son would eat at. We already had cowboy food & Mexican food so we tried The Parlor. Everything was delicious. Son had a design your own pizza and we had great food and drinks at reasonable prices. Nice atmosphere, not like a pizza parlor (despite the name)

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This restaurant was ranked very highly on trip advisor. I am the owner of a pizza restaurant, therefore I thought I would check it out.This place has a great atmosphere. Another one of those rustic urban places that are very popular in Phoenix these days. There is an outdoor patio that is covered, and a wall which opens up from the inside to the outside bringing the outside world into the restaurant. This time a year, March, the weather is awesome in Phoenix and these restaurants are always packed.

This place also had a very lively and vibrant bar area. The bar area was packed with people having a lot of fun. My wife and one of our sons attended this restaurant with me.

We ordered a pitcher of a double I PA while we checked out the menu. We settled onto unique pizzas, the forager which had wild boar meatballs and rabbit sausage; and the Golden Yukon or Yukon Gold which had thinly sliced potatoes and bacon. The unique toppings were very tasty. The overall taste the pizza was good, however the crust was a touch bland and would have been better if they would let the dough proof little more before they make it into a pizza. The pizza is a Neapolitan style which is usually cooked in a wood fire oven at high temperatures for a very short period of time. I am not sure if there oven was woodfired, it was however a brick oven style.

Wait staff was very friendly, young, and stylish adding to the atmosphere of a cool place where people can go to see and be seen.

We arrived at around 5 PM, and it was a good thing we did, before we left there was a long line waiting to get in.

This is one of the many trendy places in the Phoenix area where you have to valet your car. I guess you could park across the street or couple doors down and walked, but isn't valeting your car part of the experience?

Bottom line is, this is definitely a place you need to try. You will not regret it.

I hope this review was helpful.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I can't believe this place used to be a bank/actual parlor. Great food! I recommend this place to everyone!

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Go doing happy hour as drinks and apatisers are discounted! They are good full price but why not get it on the cheap. I had their forger pizza. Although it has wild animals in the pizza... I have eaten this before; it is not gamie and is delicious. I took my inlaws here for their anniversary. The place packs out it it sure is nice .

2  Thank Lightning077