“great pizza”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This joint is great, although service could be more friendly ( sometimes you thing they can care less if you come in or not, I guess when you are always busy individuals dont matter, right?). the atmosphere is cool, the pizzas are some of the best in the valley, price is right, Great place.

There are newer reviews for The Parlor Pizzeria

Reviewed August 4, 2012

I have been to The Parlor many times for lunch, and the food and service have been consistently well-done. The menu, which has an Italian theme, also offers meat and cheese plates -- great for my friends with gluten allergies. At my most recent visit, I ordered the spinach salad with an add-on of grilled shrimp: the raw ingredients were super-fresh and the shrimp perfectly done. A side order of focaccia bread was $3.

The decor is modern/electic. The noise levels are a bit high at lunch time, due to the crowd and hard surfaces throughout. Still, this restaurant with a modest exterier is well-worth the visit if you're in the area.

Service is excellent: the waiters are inobtrusive, orders are notated and fulfilled accurately, and the kitchen staff is on its toes.

The parking lot is often crammed, although there is additional parking at an adjacent lot.

In sum, don't be deterred by The Parlor's modest exterior -- it's definitely worth the trip.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We went there for pizza and beer in the bar. The service was attentive and friendly and the pizza was super good. A close second to Pizzaria Bianco downtown. I will go back.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

While visiting in Phoenix, we went to the Parlor for a snack that turned into dinner. You enter along an herb and vegetable garden. Sitting on the patio, you would never know that Camelback Road is right outside. Our server, Steve was friendly, helpful, fun, and informative. We drank local beers from Four Peaks - Kilt lifter and Hop Knot at happy hour prices ($3)–– great for a hop head like me. Our table shared a mess of great food. We started with a salami and cheese plate, lamb meatballs, roasted beet salad, fried calamari & rock shrimp. We finished with a pizza featuring locally made sausage. We left happy and took leftovers home to the rest of the family.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have been to the Parlor several times as a Phoenix resident. I can only say that I have always been satisfied with the food and servcice. This place is mostly Italian fare but also has other choices. The pasta bolognese is excellent and the pizzas are awesome. A nice bar and wine list rounds out the experience.
Despite being busy during my visits, I was greeted and served in a timely manner. The wait was never as long as the hostess indicated.
The food arrives hot and as ordered. The menu is innovative and the specials creative.
Service is consistently good.
Great atmosphere whether in the dining room or bar area.