“Excellent Customer Service!!!!”

Westin Phoenix Downtown
Ranked #7 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The customer service at this hotel is among the best!!!! My husband is away on business quite a bit and happened to be in Phoenix for his birthday. Being unfamiliar with the city, I emailed the hotel to see if they could do something special for him. Within a short amount of time, Saundra, a Service Express Agent, emailed to let me know it would be taken care of and even inquired as to some of my husband's likes! I was so excited to know that he would be taken care of on his birthday and the he would know it was not forgotten! Thank you again to the Westin Phoenix Downtown and its wonderful hotel staff! I look forward to meeting you all in person someday soon :)
P.S. My husband said his room is very nice!

1  Thank 230amyh
jesseca m, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

We love to take special care of our guests. I will share your comments with Saundra! Come visit us soon!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

This hotel was a very nice hotel. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is nice. The hotel manager e-mailed us prior to our arrival to see if we had any special requests and the one we had was gladly fulfilled. Whenever we had to ask the lobby staff for recommendations on restaurants or things to do, they were very willing to help us and chat with us. The room was very large and the views from our room were great. The bathroom was really spacious too. There aren't a lot of leisure activities to do in downtown Phoenix, but this hotel had a great location near the light rail station which was really convenient for getting to/from the airport and could be taken to other areas near Phoenix.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

It is great to hear you enjoyed the spacious room and wonderful views. Being situated near the light rail provides many options for sightseeing. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

What a great place. Spent four nights at the Westin. The rooms are very big, clean and comfortable. The room has a nice couch and a huge bathroom. Our room had a great view of Phoenix. Cant say enough about the place. "Top Notch "I think would cover it. The rooms are on level 12 through 18. The rest of the building I believe is office space. I never seen a child while in the the hotel. So I am guessing its mostly business people. The elevators are super fast. I found the staff so very helpful. When I arrived i informed them that we were there for four nights and they said I had registered for three. Once I showed them my confirmation paperwork they fixed it quickly with no issues. Valet service was the fastest I have seen. Had my car in about 2 minutes. You cant go wrong with picking this place. All kinds of places to visit downtown within about 4 or 5 blocks of the hotel. Chase field and U.S.Airways stadium are both within a few blocks. If we ever go back to Pheonix on vacation I will be staying at the Westin.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bucket1910

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back! We are thrilled you enjoyed the downtown area. Thank you for the detailed review!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Beautiful property in great downtown location near the light rail and convention center. Beautifully decorated. Low key and contemporary. The hotel rooms, at least on the SPG level, were very large and very well done. Valet is quick and efficient. I didn't eat in the restaurant but it seemed busy.

Room Tip: SPG Preferred level rooms are great. Ask for a corner room for walls of glass on 2 sides.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for the review! Our guestrooms, in fact, are all large at over 500sq feet. Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood and SPG! See you next time.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

The Downtown Westin is located in a multipurpose office building. The check in is on the 1st floor and the rooms are located between the 12th and 18th floors. It seems a bit strange walking down a hallway around a corner to find the elevators. One advantage is with limited number of floors the elevators are quick compared to most hotels. The Westin staff was very friendly and helpful whenever needed. The restaurant & lounge is small compared to most hotels in this category. The food was good and offered a So. American style faire.
The rooms are large and very nice. Ceiling to floor windows offer great views in any direction. If you have a choice get a corner room...lots of space! There is also a very good workout room but beware it is right next to the Executive lounge and if doing a morning workout you will smell the bacon and waffles! Would definitely stay there agian if in the downtown area.

Room Tip: Get a corner room if available
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
jesseca m, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for the detailed review! We are thrilled you enjoyed our Westin Workout and Province restaurant. Please come back soon...this time have some of the wonderful waffles and bacon!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I was fortunate to spend a night at the Westin Phoenix Downtown this past weekend. Having just come off a demanding work related week i needed to relax. I arrived and was greeted at the desk by a staff who had me checked in immediately. My room overlooked downtown.
Before going out in the evening to Scottsdale i had food in the hotel restaurant where i was greeted by the restaurant manager Dragon from Croatia. What a top guy he was and made the experience of my meal and even more rewarding one. As with all the staff hospitality was superb. I was amazed at the attention and how personal every staff member was to the customers always smiling. Did not hear any noise at all and slept soundly in a comfy bed. To give you an idea just how relaxed i was the TV didn't even come on! Conveniently located downtown i then had a walk around on the sunday popping into a nearby starbucks and then grabbed a taxi back to the airport and my flights onward to New Zealand. I travel a huge amount and like to think i know the standards of hotel service etc. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and the likes of Dragon and all its staff made for it an amazing, enjoyable experience. I will be back thank you.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Wow, you had the type of experience we always strive to provide. Thank you for the kind words for Dragan. We will absolutely celebrate your sentiments with him!

The Westin Heavenly bed is just that. Thrilled you had a comfortable night's sleep.

See you soon!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I highly recommend visiting this establishment. The service is absolutely fantastic. The front desk team that I dealt with were just wonderfully helpful and understanding. Hussian Harris,and Annabell Rodriguez are two customer service professionals I give my highest regards to. And definitely stop by the province restaurant and bar to see Beverly and her crew. She is a truly special lady, as are all of the others that served me during my stay. They truly treat you like family! The management team should consider themselves extremely lucky to have such wonderful employees.

• Stayed: January 2014
jesseca m, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for your glowing review. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and recognize our associates. We celebrated your comments with Hussian, Anabell, Beverly and the entire hotel team. We absolutely consider ourselves lucky to have wonderful associates. We hope to see you soon!

Thank you!