“One of the best hotel stays ever!”

Westin Phoenix Downtown
Ranked #13 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The staff at this hotel is amazing. We arrived a little late, and with no hesitation the clerk checked us in (with a smile to boot)! They even upgraded us to a nicer room - just because I guess! The room was really nice and clean and the bed was so comfy!!! Overall, this is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at! I am now thinking of ways to make my bedroom at home as homey and comfortable as what we had in this room. Divine! We will be back and maybe even go out of our way to stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Westin rooms are so nice and comfy! Love the bedding!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Todd I, General Manager at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments and I am so pleased we were able to make your stay a great one.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I always expect the experience at a hotel of the The Westin caliber to be pleasant(i.e. service and décor). However, The Westin Phoenix Downtown service was exceptional even prior to us actually arriving. The front desk staff greeted us with warm genuine smiles. They accommodated all our needs; from early check in, local directions(from the valet-that were accurate) and prompt attention to a maintenance need in our bathroom. I was delighted when I was provided with a personal tour of one of the corner suites. (I had canceled the suite prior to arrival and wanted to view it)We were even surprised with a complimentary palate pleasing tray of sweets to celebrate our birthdays. This was a wonderful touch. A definite THANK YOU to Amber and the daytime front desk staff(Nov.2) for all your help.

For those visiting during late October/early November this location was only a few minutes from the very popular "State Fair". Also, if you enjoy free live music(First Friday of every month), museums, easy access to the convention or tourism center and the University you are within walking distance.

The only suggestion is be prepared to Valet at the hotel. There is public metered on street parking. However depending on when you visit it is a task to find a space.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are very spacious. Great for a romantic stay. If you need an extra bed. It can more th...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Todd I, General Manager at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for all your wonderful feedback on our service and guest room. Look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

The rooms are amazingly well thought out and spacious. The beds are comfortable (but that goes without saying in Westin hotels generally) The lighting in the bathroom was great for putting on makeup - I know this is not a huge concern for many, but I certainly hate the full on - ooh those roots look like they need a touch up look! and eek those bags and wrinkles got so much larger!! Reception was awesome, and breakfast in the club lounge was well thought out and the service was wonderful.

Now to the not so fantastic! The bar situation needs to be addressed, this is a great hotel with bar that just does not quite match up! The suggestion, while I was drinking with a friend, was that they were going to close soon (hurry up!!). The fridge had issues and instead of waiting until closing they decided to deal with it then! To be fair, the bar was empty but I did not get the warm and fuzzy feeling! I am hoping the expensive champagne and wine in the fridge was dispensed with and not just left there! That being said, I would highly recommend this hotel and would most certainly stay there again when visiting Phoenix. The mix is nearly perfect!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Todd I, Manager at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Thank you for all your positive comments and I can assure you we will address the bar comment so we can make it perfect!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is a very stunning hotel in the center of Phoenix. It has a very modern, yet comfortable vibe. It’s nice that there is a lot of seating outside and a pool on the second level. There is also a lot of artwork located throughout the space.

The rooms are very huge and the beds are comfortable. The rooms have great views of the city and are decorated very well. The room also has two complimentary bottles of water, which was perfect to stay hydrated in the dry desert heat.

Valet parking costs as much as self-parking, so I would recommend the valet. You can call down before you head outside, and your car will be available when you get downstairs.

This is a great place to stay when staying in Phoenix.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Todd I, Manager at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for such wonderful feedback we truly are an urban oasis

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is my second stay at the Westin Phoenix Downtown and my second review. In between stays at the Westin I have stayed at the Kimpton Palomar, which is about five blocks south of the Westin. I am a huge Kimpton fan, but I think the Westin compares very favorably to the Kimpton Palomar in a head-to-head competition. What I really love about this Westin are the huge rooms, the huge bathroom with a rain shower, the floor to ceiling windows, and the great views. The Hotel only occupies the 11th to 18th floors of the building, so all of the rooms appear to have good views. The restaurant is not as lively as the Palomar’s Blue Hound, and the menu is less interesting than the Blue Hound. However, the food was good and the service was excellent. Overall, the service at the Westin was excellent.

The Wi-Fi costs 10.00 or 15.00 depending on the speed, whereas its free at Kimpton if you sign up for In-Touch. The surrouding neighborhood is great for tourism, and I think kids would love to stay in this part of Phoenix. Within easy walking distance of the Westin are the Phoenix Children’s Museum (looks awesome), the Arizona Science Center; and Chase Field. The train to the plane stops right across from the hotel’s entrance. I was in a rental, and the drive from the airport rental center to the Hotel took no more than ten minutes.

The hotel’s gym is great, and boasts fine views. There are four ellipitical machines, three bikes, four treadmills, a good rack of free weights and two benches. There are four separate Lifestyle weight machines. Usual assortment of yoga mats, exercise balls, and pilates balls. The gym facility is quite big.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank DavidBradley
Todd I, General Manager at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for your positive feed back we look forward to your return

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed for one night, having arrived from the UK, before heading to Sedona. Great central location. Staff, especially at reception was outstanding, less so in the bar. Rooms are very spacious and modern. Breakfast in the restaurant was very good. Can highly recommend to stay there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Todd I, General Manager at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

So glad we could make your stay in AZ a great one. Hope you enjoyed Sedona

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel was average in total. The rooms were clean and on site service was fine but nothing special by any stretch. The lobby store was only open by request?? The bar is tiny and not welcoming and honestly there is nothing to do in the area what so ever. Also, they gave us late checkout on Sunday which was very nice or so we thought. The staff knocked on our door every 45min to see if we left yet, perplexing. In general is ok but nothing great.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Todd I, General Manager at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback and I am sorry we did not exceeded your expectations. It is our goal to go above and beyond all gust expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you wish to discuss further.