“Business Meetings in Phoenix”

Westin Phoenix Downtown
Ranked #8 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 11, 2013

If you have business meetings in Phoenix, consider the Westin downtown. It's convenient and the rooms are nice. Some have nice views, others, not so much. There isn't a lot right near the hotel, but a short walk finds restaurants (and a movie theater).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 10, 2013

One of the hotel's parking attendants, Eddie, gives fantastic directions for navigating Phoenix/ Scottsdale. His directions saved me time vs. following the directions on my navigational equipment. I arrived at my meeting with time to spare and during rush hour! Thanks Eddie!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at what a nice hotel this downtown Phoenix Westin hotel is for the price, including our military discount. We stayed here during a recent family vacation as everyone gathered in Phoenix before driving on to Sedona and the Grand Canyon. The hotel was immaculate and the service was excellent - from the valet, to the restaurant waiter to the check-in receptionist. My 4-year old son was even greeted with a kid's backpack filled with goodies which he loved. Location was a few blocks from the large, downtown shopping plaza with restaurants and movie theater, with the ballpark close by too. Next time I'm in Phoenix, this is where I'll be staying again!

Room Tip: The deluxe king suites are pretty fabulous.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SDTraveler55
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The Westin downtown offers second to none service, beautiful accommodations, and a subtle design that makes for an excellent experience. Highlights of our stay were the constant cleanliness of all of the facilities, the convenience of the in-room massage, and the ease of dealing with the customer service representatives. Of particular note, the attendant at the front desk named Amber Guevara was extremely professional and polite, and went out of her way to ensure that our stay was beyond expectations. We were only passing through so we didn't get to experience all that Phoenix has to offer, however if we come back, we'll be staying at the Westin.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Ive stayed in many Westin hotels...and their new properties are very well done. This building I was told was never built to house a hotel (economic bubble of 2008 etc) but the Westin decided to build out the lower 18 floors. FYI The worlds largest copper company resides above the hotel.

So lets take a tour of this quirky but beautiful property. Upon check in ..the entrances are small and odd and there is no real lobby area (probably due to the copper company dominating the ground floor real estate area) BUT still its nice enough and after a little navigation you reach the elevator.

The hallways are very upscale and once into the room WOW. Now I wanted a corner room which I was upgraded to (expect to pay a surcharge) but worth it for the Vegas style tub!.

The room was MASSIVE!! with floor to ceiling windows (the hotel skin was obviously designed for office space) but it adds a quirky touch and the views are great.

Nice sitting area, comfy bed of course...lots of closet space, eco friendly lighting system ..very QUIET!! and the bathroom was really big and wrapped around. The only issue with the bathroom CLOSE the curtains otherwise office buildings across from you will literally see you on the toilet!!! or in the bath or getting out of the shower. TRUE road warriors do not care, we are use to office folks seeing us naked in hotel rooms from across the way, but even for me, I was like 'hmmmm - they really can see everythiiiiiing' :-)

Great shower and you have the overall feel like you're in a new Vegas style hotel.

Front Desk staff are a little "weird" and "odd-ish" as are the bell staff (where do they hire these people). Please hire people who know how to act somewhat human ;-) Food was good...and no Im not saying the staff are rude, just, ummm...odd!

The gym is big and VERY impressive (not to mention, FREE - thank you)

I think business travelers will love this hotel along with high end vacationers who need to stay in the area. Close to PHX and local malls and freeways.

Parking WAS a mess ...they told me it was covered valet...it is not, but they are happy to show you where to park for free on the street if you must.

The rates are similar to the nearby Hyatt and Sheraton PICK THIS HOTEL!!

One last thing. The eco friendly key slot is great during the day but take note. It will shut down EVERYTHING during the night when you go to sleep and so if you charge electronics overnight...they will not charge (so remove key overnight)

Room Tip: Corner rooms are worth the upgrade SHOULD be free for Gold and Plats when not busy
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I travel a lot and very seldom does a hotel make me think, "Wow!" However, that was my reaction when I opened the door to my room at the Westin in Phoenix. It is one of the largest standard rooms I have seen anywhere in the world. Unfortunately, I stayed there only one night, so I really wasn't able to enjoy all of the space. I loved the clean, modern design of the room. It was done in earth tones, which made the room warm and inviting in spite of its size.

My room on the 15th floor had a sweeping view of city of Phoenix, which frankly isn't all that much to look at (sorry about that, Phoenicians). However, the hotel is ideally located in the "new" downtown area within an easy drive of outstanding restaurants and shopping--and tourist sights, such as they are in Phoenix (again, nothing to write home about). I can't really say that the Westin is within walking distance to anything, because Phoenix isn't really set up for pedestrians--nor would you want to walk anywhere in the Arizona desert heat. The outdoor courtyard at the hotel's entrance looked extremely inviting, but it was simply too hot to spend any time there. That is, of course, not the Westin's fault!

The breakfast buffet in the business lounge was much better than expected, featuring very fresh eggs and bacon (in contrast to the standard selection of rolls and coffee I've come to expect in a business lounge). Every staff member I encountered at the Westin was friendly and helpful. When I had a couple of free hours to see the highlights of Phoenix, the front desk clerk went out of her way to give me a list of options and an explanation of each, and then mapped out the best travel route from the hotel. Her recommendations turned out to be perfect.

The hotel seemed rather empty when I was there, which made it particularly quiet (almost too quiet at times, if such a thing is possible). However, I was thoroughly pleased with my stay and will definitely return to the Westin the next time I'm in Phoenix, hopefully for a longer stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank wbpld
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel was awesome from the water features, staff, and overall look. Coming from Atlanta, I was shocked to see how warm and friendly the staff was. Thank you to Kelly for checking me in and I forgot the other young lady's name that delivered room service. I felt everyone paid special attention to me, always referred to me by name as if they've known me forever. I will definitely be making this my second home when I go back to Phoenix.

Room Tip: The higher floors offer nice view... dahhhh lol
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo