“Great hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Great hotel”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I'm a very frequent business traveler and have spent a lot of time at SPG properties across the country. That being said, I'd say this is one of the nicest Westin properties I've ever stayed in. The decor is great, it feels fresh and modern, and I love the windows and the light that comes through here. It's definitely a well looked after property.

Also, I've had a very good experience working with the corporate account team - Haley has done a great job in assisting my account on an ongoing basis and has been extremely responsible and easy to deal with.

Overall, if you're planning a stay in Phoenix, I'd highly recommend looking into this property, particularly for business travelers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kirich
bdellergo, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Kirich,

Thank you kindly for the very nice feedback. It means a lot to hear from such a loyal Starwood Preferred Guest and someone who travels so frequently. Your remarks mean that much more to us as a result!

I will share your compliment with Haley, thank you very much for noticing her dedication towards delivering excellent customer experiences.

Be Well,

Brian Dell'Ergo
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Worland
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The rooms were large and well appointed. The amenities were top class from the bathrobe to the
HD TV. Service was excellent and the staff went out of their way to insure that I had a great stay. The Province restaurant was top quality and the food delicious. I recommend this hotel unconditionally if you are going to downtown Phoenix!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed over the weekend. - Amanda was great at the desk helped us get connecting rooms, very spacious, great view of the city. you cannot go wrong staying with any starwood hotel - Westin Phoenix Downtown is top of the list.

• Stayed March 2013
West Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 25, 2013

i am becoming a huge fan of Westin Hotels. The rooms are beautiful, modern and very well maintained. Staff is exceptionally courteous and helpful. Thanks for another great Westin experience. PS - you should market your rainwater showers! They are the best!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jesseca M, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, March 21, 2016
Thank you for the great feedback. We are so happy to hear that Westin is winning you over, and that you enjoyed your stay! As for showers, I think you've helped us out a great deal in helping us promote them! Thank you again. We look forward to your return.
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a conference . Best option for the money. Fit my travel budget and the room was enormous, beautiful and the shower was the best I've seen in a hotel-large, clean, rainwater option, wow! I agree with the traveler who said lighting could be better. Room and bathroom were too dark to see my clothes and make-up well. Made some poor choices and only realized out in the bright sun of Phoenix. Service was a little spotty- people I met were great !!!; there just weren't quite enough to make the hotel stand out for service- no one any where near the business center to help when printer wouldn't print a boarding pass, had to put my empty shampoo and conditioner out on counter to get them replaced, man waiting in his gym clothes outside the "gift shop" that only opens on request. Food in the restaurant was delicious!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay. The feedback you provided is valuable in helping us improve our offerings and as a team.

We apologize for falling short with regard to lack of service, but pleased to her that those you did encounter were great.

Your business is valued, and we hope to welcome you back again soon that we may demonstrate the kind of great service of which we are capable.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the Westin during a business trip, and was very happy with my experience. The hotel is beautiful. My room was modern, clean and beautiful. All of the hotel staff were friendly and attentive. The restaurant in the hotel, Province, had amazing food and great cocktails. I visited it on a few occasions, and the hostess, Amber and one of the waiters, Sam, helped to make my stay memorable and full of fun. They were helpful, sweet, funny and charming. I cant wait to go back!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We are so happy to hear that your visit with us was exceptional. Your feedback is the type that we strive for. Thank you for sharing it.

We will also share your feedback with Amber and Sam. I know they will be pleased to hear how they positively impacted your time at Province.

Your business is much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Toronto
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Had a group here for a work function, and we made great use of the facilities. The rooms were comfy and clean, the restaurant on site was wonderful, and the meeting facilities served us well. I would return here very happily.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business