“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
West Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

i am becoming a huge fan of Westin Hotels. The rooms are beautiful, modern and very well maintained. Staff is exceptionally courteous and helpful. Thanks for another great Westin experience. PS - you should market your rainwater showers! They are the best!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jesseca M, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, March 21, 2016
Thank you for the great feedback. We are so happy to hear that Westin is winning you over, and that you enjoyed your stay! As for showers, I think you've helped us out a great deal in helping us promote them! Thank you again. We look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a conference . Best option for the money. Fit my travel budget and the room was enormous, beautiful and the shower was the best I've seen in a hotel-large, clean, rainwater option, wow! I agree with the traveler who said lighting could be better. Room and bathroom were too dark to see my clothes and make-up well. Made some poor choices and only realized out in the bright sun of Phoenix. Service was a little spotty- people I met were great !!!; there just weren't quite enough to make the hotel stand out for service- no one any where near the business center to help when printer wouldn't print a boarding pass, had to put my empty shampoo and conditioner out on counter to get them replaced, man waiting in his gym clothes outside the "gift shop" that only opens on request. Food in the restaurant was delicious!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay. The feedback you provided is valuable in helping us improve our offerings and as a team.

We apologize for falling short with regard to lack of service, but pleased to her that those you did encounter were great.

Your business is valued, and we hope to welcome you back again soon that we may demonstrate the kind of great service of which we are capable.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the Westin during a business trip, and was very happy with my experience. The hotel is beautiful. My room was modern, clean and beautiful. All of the hotel staff were friendly and attentive. The restaurant in the hotel, Province, had amazing food and great cocktails. I visited it on a few occasions, and the hostess, Amber and one of the waiters, Sam, helped to make my stay memorable and full of fun. They were helpful, sweet, funny and charming. I cant wait to go back!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We are so happy to hear that your visit with us was exceptional. Your feedback is the type that we strive for. Thank you for sharing it.

We will also share your feedback with Amber and Sam. I know they will be pleased to hear how they positively impacted your time at Province.

Your business is much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Had a group here for a work function, and we made great use of the facilities. The rooms were comfy and clean, the restaurant on site was wonderful, and the meeting facilities served us well. I would return here very happily.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Our company reserved rooms at the Westin for a conference. The location is close to the convention center and the rooms are nicely appointed. HOWEVER, the lighting is really, really poor. They went for looks over function and trying to work when the light from outside was not shinning in was almost impossible. The lights had shades that restricted the light and there were no reading lights by the bed or sufficient lighting on the 'desk' to actually read and get work done-it was miserable. I mean seriously-the hotel is downtown, likely it caters to business but yet insufficient lighting to read or get work done. Also, when I checked in they told me I had a pod room and it was extra quiet. Wrong. The other room in the pod is a hospitality room and it was loud with people coming into the shared pod to continue discussions. Never, never let them assign you to a pod room. I have no idea who would design 'small' hospitality rooms next to sleeping rooms with a door enclosing them together and a mutual hall for people to have hall discussions. So if you are looking for a nice place that is all looks and no function for actual business, it is acceptable. It is absolutely form over function-that is for sure.

Room Tip: Don't accept a pod room with a hospitality suite next to it!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
bdellergo, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
147Adventure,

I appreciate you taking a moment to share your experience with us. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with respect to the lighting and location of your room. Clearly, this is not the level of experience we want our guests to encounter and for that, I do sincerely apologize.

We do maintain an extensive list of guest request items, including additional task lighting, so we do encourage our guests to allow us the opportunity to resolve any challenges during their stay - we love to be challenged!

Thank you once again for taking a moment to share your feedback.

Be Well,

Brian Dell'Ergo
Director of Operations
Westfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great location!! Great staff! Beautiful rooms! And a great gym! Am very loyal to Starwood and will definitely be returning to your property! I always know what to expect from a Westin property. This hotel will not disappoint.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

The Westin Phoenix Downtown hotel was more than a pleasant surprise. Westin properties are usually known for their service and quality but this location definitely set a new standard. The room was very well appointed, spacious, comfortable beyond my expections and spotless. The staff was extremely helpful, very friendly and always went above and beyond to provide any type of assistance needed regardless of time of day and no matter if it was a large or small issue. It was a nice experience to be greeted in the lobby as I left in the morning and returned in the afternoon with a big smile a welcoming remark and being addressed by name. When I have the opportunity to return to Phoenix the Westin is where I will stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business