“Excellent Downtown Phoenix Hotel”

Westin Phoenix Downtown
Ranked #7 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Great stay. I was greeted at the front desk by friendly and courteous staff and immediately welcomed to the hotel. The front desk manager was very pleasant and because of my Gold status I was upgraded to a beautiful suite overlooking the city. The rate was very reasonable and the accommodations fantastic. If you're staying downtown, this is the hotel to stay at.

Room Tip: If you can get upgraded or can afford it, the suites are beautiful.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Craig E

Reviewed February 9, 2013

They have to be kidding. They do not know what service is in their bar area has to be a joke? Terrible service after 15
minutes got a manager no one interested least of all bartender I guess tips don't matter!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Davedorsey
bdellergo, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Davedorsey,

I am deeply apologetic that this is the experience you had with us. Our Province leadership team is truly passionate about delivering excellent experiences to all of our guests. If you feel you received anything less, I would love the opportunity to speak with you further. Please e-mail me at brian.dellergo@westin.com or via phone at 602.429.3510 so that we may discuss your experience in more detail.

Once again, I am very sorry and I hope to speak with you soon.

Respectfully,

BRIAN R. DELL'ERGO
Director of Operations

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I am so glad I got to stay here before it got too popular and expensive! Granted if you are coming to Phoenix for a getaway or vacation, it would be hard to sell a downtown location. It was the first time I got out of a car and explored downtown in 20 years. My initial reaction was this is a very different place from a generation ago, and at least Phoenix is trying to develop smart urban planning and renewal. It has a light rail service which is excellent, and major campus projects with both ASU and the Univ. of AZ. The hotel itself is a modern mixed use building with a parking garage, office building and hotel. The hotel rooms are "the bomb"! I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED them! Huge ceilings and floor to ceiling windows. The service is also nearly flawless with some pretty aggressive hospitality. I ate at the restaurant and it was above average. My only complaint would be the small pool, which would have been appropriate if the hotel were in Montreal or Boston. I don't come to Phoenix often, but this place would make me want to return!

Room Tip: ask for an odd numbered room, they have better views to the north.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Viking94708
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I generally like Westins for business travel, but was very disappointed with the service at their Downtown Phoenix hotel. The hotel itself was very nice, with updated decor. Other than the pool, which was much smaller than the pictures suggest, both the room and common space were lovely. And the folks that work there were friendly and eager to help; they just didn't get anything right (despite the fact that the hotel was mostly empty). A couple of examples -- my ($36) eggs did not arrive in the morning in the time slot I had chosen. After calling down to room service, I finally got my breakfast with only 5 minutes to eat before I left for my court argument that morning. I had a similar problem the next day: two hours before I needed a cab to get to the airport, a very friendly employee at the reception desk assured me he would arrange for a cab. Unfortunately, he never relayed the message, and it took the valet guys twenty minutes to find me a cab, causing me to almost miss my flight. My experience at the restaurant was much the same -- well-intentioned staff, but mediocre results.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

BetsyLex,

I appreciate you taking a moment to tell us about your experience. I am saddened to read your response as typically, we pride ourselves as a smaller hotel that is able to deliver nimble, efficient, one-on-one service to all of our valued guests. We did not meet that expectation for you, and for that I sincerely apologize.

I have shared your feedback with our leadership team and we will grow from your experience. If we may have the opportunity to re-earn your faith in us, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at brian.dellergo@westin.com and I would take pleasure in ensuring that we exceed your expectations.

BRIAN R. DELL'ERGO
Director of Operations

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Westin Phoenix Downtown and had a fabulous stay. They staff were very helpful, gave me a nice upgraded suite for the week, and were always smiling whenever I passed the front desk.

The room itself was large and had nice windows (with black out curtains) and of course, has those heavenly beds - what a treat.

I had meetings off site all week, so parking on the street at night was no problem (pick your car up by 8 AM).

I would have no hesitation in going back to this hotel if in Phoenix. Perhaps they can move the hotel to my next destination??

Room Tip: Great business hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We just held a Board of Directors meeting there, and staff were outstanding. The hotel rooms are exceptionally nice. Did not get a chance to try the restaurant or bar, only had the food at the catered luncheon, which was excellent.

Bottom line - definitely recommend, particularly for business travel and meetings.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris T
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Beautiful hotel, friendly staff, quick drive to the airport. We only stayed one night, but we loved the facility and our room was spacious with great decor. We asked for advice on places within walking distance and received easy directions. We also asked for directions to the rental car drop-off at the airport, and they had pre-printed directions ready for us - great service!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple