“Beautiful”

GreenLeadersGold level
St. Louis
“Beautiful”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Beautiful hotel, friendly staff, quick drive to the airport. We only stayed one night, but we loved the facility and our room was spacious with great decor. We asked for advice on places within walking distance and received easy directions. We also asked for directions to the rental car drop-off at the airport, and they had pre-printed directions ready for us - great service!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KS_STLMO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
East Moriches, New York
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous hotel. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful from the valet who parked our car to the wait staff. The rooms was very spacious and nicely decorated. The bathrooms are large and the amenities are fine. We stayed on a weekend and used cash and points as a Starwood member. We ate three meals in the restaurant and the food was fantastic as was the service. I would recommend this hotel and gladly stay again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
roslyn
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I met my son in Phoenix for a weekend and we stayed at this hotel. The service was outstanding. Everyone was friendly and willing to talk The outstanding service may relate to the fact that being a downtown business hotel, it is empty on weekends. In fact, downtown seemed empty. but if you have access to a car or someone showing you around this is not a problem.. There are also great weekend rates. If you are staying on a weekday, you should look at other reviews.

Room Tip: It is really easy to get to and from the airport by the train/bus service. It costs only a 1.70. Hal...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mrttort
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Perfect location right in downtown Phoenix if you are traveling on business. The rooms are very spacious with very high ceilings. The bathrooms are nice with a shower (no tub but who takes a bath when they're traveling?). The bathrooms are a bit dark but once the energy saving light bulbs warmed up it was OK.

What I liked about this hotel was the New Balance workout gear. I didn't have to pack my trainers and sport kit. They provided it all on a loaner basis for $5 and they let me keep the socks! Great deal!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I was recently in Phoenix for 1 day of business and 3 of leisure. I stayed at the Westin Downtown. I liked everything about the hotel. I felt my comfort was important to everyone. I asked for temp change and it was done immediately and it was followed up on by phone and a manager asked me as I was going to dinner. The Fitness room was clean, in good working order, basic Westin workout. The food was interesting and inexpensive so I was able to eat there as I was only downtown for a day. Only snag, asked for a taxi to go to the Phoenecian, was given Town Car and it was twice the cost of a taxi. I was not asked which I would prefer. Even the driver thought it was high and called to double check. I would absolutely return. tho.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bedminster, New Jersey
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

From the gorgeous water way entrance, to the courteous staff at the front desk, you will be wowed by how Westin can do it right in this downtown spot.
Views from the 16th floor are fantastic, the bathroom amenities are fresh, new, and spectacular.
Did I mention it was new? Worth considering if you want to stay in the downtown area near the above ground rail system.

• Stayed January 2013
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I absolutely loved our room, it was very spacious, clean, well decorated and the views are spectacular. However, $28.00 per day parking fees are just ridiculous!!! This is not New York or Chicago! We live locally, and I am a meeting planner, so I know just how outrageous the parking fees are! I would not recommend this property if you are driving, there are many other properties that do not have such ridiculously high parking fees downtown. Also, our room service arrived over an hour late and was cold and gross.

Room Tip: The views in the corner suites are definitely worth the money :)!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple