“Great new business hotel in heart of downtown”

Westin Phoenix Downtown
Ranked #5 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersGold level
Bedminster, New Jersey
“Great new business hotel in heart of downtown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

From the gorgeous water way entrance, to the courteous staff at the front desk, you will be wowed by how Westin can do it right in this downtown spot.
Views from the 16th floor are fantastic, the bathroom amenities are fresh, new, and spectacular.
Did I mention it was new? Worth considering if you want to stay in the downtown area near the above ground rail system.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I absolutely loved our room, it was very spacious, clean, well decorated and the views are spectacular. However, $28.00 per day parking fees are just ridiculous!!! This is not New York or Chicago! We live locally, and I am a meeting planner, so I know just how outrageous the parking fees are! I would not recommend this property if you are driving, there are many other properties that do not have such ridiculously high parking fees downtown. Also, our room service arrived over an hour late and was cold and gross.

Room Tip: The views in the corner suites are definitely worth the money :)!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elizabeth I
Fountain Hills, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Spent New Year's Eve at the hotel,was really surprised by the size of the room and the views from my window. The staff was incredible from the moment of check in with Brandon to checking out eliana. Ralph in maintenance was very friendly. Had a great time

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer P
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have now been to this hotel 3 times for business trips and it is always wonderful. Big rooms with very helpful staff. What is really nice is the courtyard inside the front entrance where you turn a corner and you would hardly know that you are near a busy street corner in downtown. Also no problems checking in late, which I usually end up having to do. I also got a smoking deal on the room the last time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

We spent one night at this hotel : the king room was beautifully furnished and very spacious.
The room and hotel were clean throughout.
The bed was very comfortable and the bedding luxuriously soft.
The valet and front desk staff were helpful and professional.
Great stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pandoradubai
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

After reading many glowing reviews of this property on TripAdvisor and other spots online, I went ahead and made a book at this property for a one night stay. I went in with high expectations and am pleased to say they were exceeded. Approximately three days before my arrival I received an email from one the Service Express associates welcoming me to the property and inquiring if I had any special requests, needs, or assistance in dining reservations during my trip in Phoenix. I stay at many Ritz-Carlton, Mandarin Oriental, and Four Seasons properties that do not consistently go to such detail to assist guests but for the Westin I am impressed.

The property is in a newer mixed use building downtown and still has a fresh feeling and is immaculately maintained. I stayed in a corner studio suite on a higher floor that was well designed and thoughtfully laid out. The floor was incredibly spacious and comfortable and allowed for a great nights sleep. The hotel also has a well equipped fitness center which I did make use of during my stay. Overall, the staff at this property are fantastic and eager to please.

I had a great stay and will definitely return the next time I visit the Phoenix area. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Corner Studio suites are awesome!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
bdellergo, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
737823, thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations, as I can see that you travel very frequently!

I am glad that you enjoyed the Westin Workout facility on the 11th floor, and I hope that you found that the panoramic views of North Phoenix and Camelback Mountain through the 10-foot tall, floor-to-ceiling windows helped invigorate your fitness routine.

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your review and some great photos of the hotel. I look forward to sharing your review with our associates, who work tirelessly to make every guest's stay a memorable one.

Be Well,

BRIAN R. DELL'ERGO
Director of Operations
yuma,Az
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

Visited here for 2 nights. Room was great and food in restaurant was Super!Friendly wait staff that was attentive
Without being annoying. Even had Dj and s'mores on outside patio with open fire and outside heaters.
We stayed here because of its' probity to Suns stadium. Easy walking distance
Staff helpful and friendly.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CarolT, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We could not be happier that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to take advantage of some of the great events being hosted at Province Restaurant this month to help our guests relax and unwind!

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Phoenix Downtown anytime you come to enjoy a Suns game; we're also walking distance to Chase Field and very central to all the Phoenix-area Spring Training Stadiums, if you enjoy baseball as well!

BRIAN R. DELL'ERGO