“Awesome Downtown Hotel!”

Westin Phoenix Downtown
Ranked #8 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was lucky enough to stay at this hotel for two weeks and must say I enjoyed every day spent there. I've stayed at lots of hotels and the rooms in this hotel are state of the art, rather large, very stylish and comfortable. I also loved the showers which included dual shower heads, one regular and one rainfall shower head, which always makes for a more enjoyable shower experience. The hotel is within walking distance to a couple of shopping areas along with several eating options, even though downtown Phoenix isn't that lively during the weeknights. In addition to the great rooms I also really enjoyed the Granola they served at the restaurant, I totally fell in love with it. I heard it was a secret recipe, but I would die to get my hands on it so I could recreate it :) The staff at the hotel were all very accommodating. I would recommend this hotel for business travelers doing business or attending a conference in downtown.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
bdellergo, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

HUTraveler02, your review is a great compliment to our hotel and all of us who work here. Traveling is not easy, especially when you're living out of a hotel room for such a long period of time. To hear that we were able to exceed your expectations in such circumstances is very humbling and we greatly appreciate you sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Chef Rita's granola does get very popular reviews, and it is a safely guarded recipe. However, if you e-mail me at brian.dellergo@westin.com, I'll see what I can do to get you some pointers from Chef Rita to recreate it at home!

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Phoenix Downtown next time your travels bring you to The Valley of the Sun.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We booked over 15 rooms here and they are simply beautiful. The staff was friendly although there was a 20 minute wait to check out. Brandon the manager was amazing and very helpful to our team The bar staff was outstanding a took very good care of all of us. Our only disappointment was the restaurant. Our breakfast was cold and undercooked and we had a dinner party of 8 which also was not great. The manager walker around to every table except ours and treated us like second class citizens. We will definitely stay here again and probably not dine here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Faulkner8251, thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and thank you for sharing your feedback about Brandon - he is a great asset to our leadership team and we are lucky to have him serving our valued guests.

I am very sorry for your exerience in Province, it certainly is not congruent with the environment that our Province team works hard to create. Feedback like yours helps us be aware of our opportunity to improve, and we will evolve and grow from your experience.

Thank you again for bringing your business to The Westin Phoenix Downtown. We would love to be your choice of hotel in Downtown Phoenix and we look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Be Well,

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I loved staying in this hotel. I love the aroma that hits you as soon as you walk into Westin hotels. The rooms were very large and the floor to celing windows were very nice. The light rail even stopped directly in front of the hotel- which was fantastic! The staff went out of thier way to reccommend shopping places for me (not too much around the hotel). The only reason I did not give this hotel 5 stars was for the location (panhandlers) and I felt the room service was way to expensive for what you got, but I know the individual hotel probably can not control that.

Room Tip: All rooms are huge, so any room will be nice!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Perfect T, I am very glad to read your review! Our rooms start at 540 sq. feet, which is by far the largest standard room in Downtown Phoenix. I am glad you enjoyed that space, and those amazing 10-foot tall, floor to ceiling windows.

The signature Westin White Tea scent is so enjoyed, we oftentimes have guests order the scent diffusers for their homes!

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback. I have made note of your other comments as well, as we always take both the positive and constructive feedback seriously.

Regards,

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed there with my family. The staff was very friendly. The room are huge, great views. Internet was fast and could connect to 3 devices for Same price. Room service expensive but very quick. Club room was closed on weekends but we were give a free breakfast at the restaurant or room service. Only valet parking. Great location.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jjbawoods
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Huge rooms, really nice. Great location centrally located in downtown close to all attractions. Check out Copper Blues and Stand Up live around the corner. Fantastic bar with 60 beers on tap, live music and a first class comedy club right next store. Check in was a breeze, rooms are huge here - it was apparently a condo building that went bust they turned it into a Westin, so the rooms are the size of a huge studio. Staff was really friendly. Only real complaint was service at breakfast sure could have been faster given that it's a business crowd who doesn't exactly want to have a long leisurely breakfast. Front desk was especially friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed here while my dad was in town on business (I lived in Tucson at the time). The staff were extremely friendly, from the bartender to the concierge, and of course the front desk. The room was cleaned to a very high standard, which of course can be expected at the Westin. I requested a late check out and was given one without fail. The valet staff were friendly and quick to boot...Thanks so much for a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank sixstringsent
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Strong mid-century modern vibe, 2012 version. Plenty of amenities. The kind of hotel room that gives you extra space, high ceilings, and soft bed linens. Very inviting for plugging in devices. Good downtown views and we watched the airplanes land at Sky Harbor. Very very quiet room -- you'd never know there was anyone else in the hotel.

Two decent (not great) meals in the restaurant. Slow service there.

Room Tip: Rooms start on the 14th floor, so you won't hear much street noise no matter what. We upgraded...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family