“Great stay at the Westin Phoenix Downtown”

Westin Phoenix Downtown
Ranked #6 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersGold level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great stay at the Westin Phoenix Downtown”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed at this property for 1 night, drove in for the Cardinals football game on Monday night. The resort was very clean with great overall ambiance. I enjoyed a great dinner at Province, Kyle was our waiter. We had the scallop ceviche, flatbread, and the skirt steak. Kyle was fantastic, service wise and recommending the food options.

Of course as a Westin, the heavenly bed was awesome along with some great views of downtown. Check in was a breeze and at check out we stored our bags at the Front Desk. The valet team even loaded our bags into our car while we were away at our conference. The room itself was super clean and it felt like a brand new room.

I would highly recommend this property for leisure or business due its convenient location and great service. Go check it out yourself.

Room Tip: pay for the upgrade to a corner suite, well worth it!
1 Thank sportsguy038

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is a modern, clean hotel with friendly staff. They were kind enough to call our cell when our room was ready, and they were always welcoming. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The service at Province (lobby restaurant) was lacking, and there was absolutely no service at the pool. I waited and waited looking at the menu, but never a soul came by. There is no spa or concierge. Overall, I would stay there again, but for much less than we paid. Our room was very expensive to stay in a very uninteresting downtown Phoenix. For the amount we paid, I'd expect to be at a resort on Camelback mountain.

1 Thank JanOct0810
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Westin Phoenix Downtown last weekend, and we honestly can't wait to return. Almost everything about the hotel was perfect. Valet and check in were seamless and easy. When we got to the room the hotel placed itself in my list of favorites. Not only was the room enormous, it was impeccably clean; my husband commented that the linens were so white that the sun's reflection was blinding. On the desk was a handwritten note addressed to our family with a selection of complimentary snacks, sweets, and bottled water. Guest services also offers many amenities, including a bed rail. We called down to have one installed for our toddler, and someone came up promptly to fulfill the request. We ate at the hotel resteraunt for two breakfast meals and a late dinner. The menu is limited, but everything we had was delicious. When we had dinner, the server, Kyle, brought over a small amuse bouche before we ordered, compliments of the chef. We let him know we just wanted something light, as we had a heavy lunch, and he made a couple of suggestions from the room service menu that weren't on the resteraunt menu. Also, when he brought our food, he came to the table with a flatbread pizza, that he said was also light and a great compliment to what we ordered. It was amazing and so thoughtful (and not on the check). The sangria is delicious as well. The hostess, Amber, was also very sweet. She was dancing with our little one and telling us about the area. I did explore the hotel a bit, and though we didnt use the pool, gym and business center, they seemed like they'd serve their purpose during a getaway or business stay. Our weekend at the Westin was such a great experience. The only issue we had was annoying, but didn't ruin the stay. We were out of the room from about 7:30am until almost 4pm, and the room had not been made up while we were gone. We called down and just said we'd take the SPG points since they give you the green option to opt out. We requested turn-down service when we went out in the evenings, and the beds were made and towels replaced then, which was fine. We will need to be in Phoenix twice a year now and plan to make the Westin our home base there. I'm not sure if our experience is typical there, but it certainly was exceptional. Fantastic service and an especially clean hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank LVLisaAu
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Westin Phoenix is a unique modern hotel with typical Westin ammenities. Front desk staff were excellent and knew the area well. Valet staff were very professional and efficient. King room on the top floor was very large with a great view.

2 Thank LTK123
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I travel for my job so I am in hotels almost every week. I am loyal to Starwood but I would think twice about staying at this hotel again.

While the rooms were lovely and spacious, for some reason they have it set so you can NOT turn off the air in the room. Cold or hot you can choose but the air will remain on. If you are sitting at the desk trying to get work done, the air blows right on you, so much so that the curtains move in the wind. When I called down stairs, they said that there was no way to turn it off from the room and that they would send someone up from engineering. He came right away but couldn't turn it off with out unhooking some wiring up inside the closet. Then, if I wanted it back on, he would have to come back and reverse the process. Instead, I had him rearrange the vents which helped a little, but not a lot.

Second, the shower heads are on a moveable track but there is no way to adjust the water to face down, so it comes straight at you.

Third, hotel states that you can have up to three devices on your Internet for your room. I had to log in for two devices and, would you know it, I was charged twice daily for my Internet. The hotel didn't even ask me if I wanted to review my bill when I went to check out. Only when I asked to see my bill did I find the extra charges. Charges were removed.

Lastly, leaving the hotel was not a good experience. I went out to the valet to catch a cab. The valet on duty said that they had cars that could take me. I specifically asked if they were the same prices as a cab and he said yes. When I got to the airport the driver tried to charge me $10.00 more than what a cab would cost. After 5 minutes of arguing I paid him more than I should have and got out of the car.

Needless to say, when I come back to Phoenix, I think I will be staying at the Sheraton instead. Stayed there last time and it was much better than the Westin.

1 Thank 2travelis2live_12
bdellergo, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
2travelis2live_12,

Thank you for taking the time to post this detailed feedback from your stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that you had a few issues in your guestroom; I can only hope that you afforded us the opportunity to make things right for you. We are always happy to respond to any guest request to ensure their stay is comfortable.

We love guest feedback because it helps us to be better! We appreciate very much both your business and your feedback, and we genuinely thank you for both.

Respectfully,

Brian Dell'Ergo
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Since the arrival, and even after the check out (requiring spetial service as I forgot some stuff at the room), all the personnel at the front desk, restaurant, room service, etc. is providing nice and personal attention on any single detail.
Congratulations

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Manuel C
bdellergo, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Manuel C,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. We are delighted to hear that your stay, from beginning to end, exceeded your expectations. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Phoenix Downtown when your travels bring you back to Phoenix.

Be Well,

BRIAN R. DELL'ERGO
Reviewed October 15, 2012

As a Starwood Platinum I have stayed at many Westins. This hotel raises the bar for the others! Job well done! Service, rooms, location and experience here is what Westin intended.....take the time to stay. Check out the local establishments and relax on the patio outside.....

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Gguy2334
Gguy2334,

We love hearing from our valued Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum members - thank you so much for your loyalty to Starwood, as well as your comments regarding your recent stay. We know you have a choice of brands when you travel, and your business means a lot to us. Thank you!

Respectfully,