“Didn't Live up.....”
Review of Beckett's Table

Beckett's Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Beckett's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 3,085 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 36th street & Indian School
Description: Chef Justin Beckett brings together what matters to him most: family, friends and honest, incredible food. With considerable help from his partners and longtime friends Scott and Katie Stephens and his wife Michelle, Beckett has created an irresistible hangout for his discerning Arcadia/Biltmore neighbors, people who expect comfort and sophistication in equal measure and get it here. The same grounded approach is evident on the menu, which emphasizes seasonal American cooking in dishes such as pork osso buck confit, creamy grits and spicy andouille sausage with mustard jus, short ribs with mashed potatoes and grilled cheese. Factor in the inviting bar, roomy patio and community table, and it gets even easier to follow the Beckett's Table mandate: Come Together.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Didn't Live up.....”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I heard a lot of great thing about this place but it just did not live up to what people say about it. I think it is a great neighborhood place but I think it its reputation has been inflated by people in the area. I think Zips down the street has a better value.

• Visited March 2013

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Good vibe, good food”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a neighborhood place with a bar and communal table where people can meet and talk over drinks and food. There are also lots of tables for people coming in together. There's a pleasant noise level, sounds of happy chatter and background music, but it doesn't interfere with hearing your table mates. The service was top notch ~ friendly yet professional, prompt but not rushed. Our server was knowledge about the menu items and aimed to please. When I questioned a wine selection, he brought me a small tasting. (It was a great choice; we ordered a bottle.) There were nine of us and the restaurant policy is not to do separate checks, but our waiter did it for us anyway. He was always aiming to please. The food was delicious. My husband and I shared a chopped vegetable salad ~ healthy and refreshing ~ and they split it for us in the kitchen with no added charge. My entree was boneless beef short ribs ~ tender in a rich sauce; so filling that I couldn't finish them. They were served with some mixed veggies, and I was allowed to substitute spaetzle for the mashed potatoes. For dessert, hubby and I shared pecan and fig pie. Pecan pie is my favorite, but the addition of figs elevated the flavor to best ever. Decaf coffee was a nice accompaniment.

• Visited April 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Delicious!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

What a perfectly wonderful restaurant! The service, menu and ambiance is just perfect! The Chef is exceptionally warm and hospitable. Cannot recommend it highly enough!

• Visited April 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
“Beckett's Table”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Wonderful service, nice location, good food - Chef Beckett came out and greeted us. Overall a very nice experience. I would go back again.

Visited April 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“My first visit after all the great reviews may be my last visit.”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I had mixed feelings about this restaurant. I made reservations for a Wednesday night for a friend's birthday a month in advance. They were sweet when we walked in the door to tell my friend "Happy Birthday". Knowing that this was a special evening, I was disappointed that they sat us in the very middle of the restaurant instead of saving a nice table along the side. We were dressed nice for the evening and then they sat two girls in their sweaty workout clothes at the table next to us.
We ordered the sausage/grit appetizer which was tasty. Our waiter offered the special salad of the evening presented on a wooden cutting board. The salad was fresh and beautiful. My friend and I each ordered a salad and only one was delivered to our table. We waited over 5 minutes to share the salad because we had no serving utensils and could not flag anyone down to get some. The entrees were good, I had the chicken and my friend had the stew. We had to ask for bread and never received a bread plate. We also had to ask that our drinks be refilled. We had the smores for dessert, the bacon was strange but my friend loved it and finished it off.
I honestly do not think I would return here. The flavors were great, almost too over the top.
The service was not good and there are too many dining options in Arizona for me to return and risk another bad evening. Without a doubt the poor service put a damper on a special evening.

• Visited March 2013