“Comfort food in a comfortable setting.”
Review of Beckett's Table

Beckett's Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Beckett's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 3,088 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 36th street & Indian School
Description: Chef Justin Beckett brings together what matters to him most: family, friends and honest, incredible food. With considerable help from his partners and longtime friends Scott and Katie Stephens and his wife Michelle, Beckett has created an irresistible hangout for his discerning Arcadia/Biltmore neighbors, people who expect comfort and sophistication in equal measure and get it here. The same grounded approach is evident on the menu, which emphasizes seasonal American cooking in dishes such as pork osso buck confit, creamy grits and spicy andouille sausage with mustard jus, short ribs with mashed potatoes and grilled cheese. Factor in the inviting bar, roomy patio and community table, and it gets even easier to follow the Beckett's Table mandate: Come Together.
Scottsdale, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Comfort food in a comfortable setting.”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

If you want a tip on how to find a new restaurant here it is...pay attention to their sign. If it looks like they went out of their way to set themselves apart with their sign that's a good sign (no pun intended) that they will go out of their way with a great dinning experience. I found that to be true when we visited Beckett's Table in Phoenix. The atmosphere is warm, cozy and chic. The staff is professional and attentive. The menu is a modern twist on classic American comfort food. This was my first visit but it certainly won't be my last!

• Visited November 2012

Phoenix,Az
“Great "community" experience”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

A group of ladies had a birthday party for two friends at this wonderful restaurant last night. We got the big table for 18 that sits right inside the front door. It's a large slab of wood with interesting curves and knots still in it. Very comfy high chairs that swivel made it easy to get in and out. I would like to recommend to the owners that they think about women and our purses. Perhaps they don't want to put hooks into the underside of that beautiful hunk of wood, but it would be much better than having all those women's purses falling off the edges of the chairs and threatening to trip up anyone who walks by.

The food was very good, well made with a beautiful presentation. I had eaten a late lunch, so only had the chopped salad. It was a little small for a dinner salad, but was excellent with little surprises in it like dried cherries. The dressing was just the right flavor for the salad. Of course since this was a group of friends, I got to have little tastes of other dishes - One friend had the sausage, spinach and pasta dish. It was very good. Another had the cast iron chicken and stuffing. She said it was divine. I have to take her word for it, she didn't want to part with any of it! I had a bite of the steamed white bass. Great flavors in that as well.

The wait staff is very attentive. The kitchen staff moved very efficiently and prepared all 18 of our dishes to come to the table at the same time. That was impressive - they were busy and we were a large group on a Wednesday night.

The price was very reasonable for this level and quality of food. If you have a large party expect the usual 20% gratuity added on to the bill. They were accommodating in allowing us to lump 3 and 4 of us together for the checks rather than wrestling with 18 women dividing a check. I would have preferred separate checks, but never really expect that in a busy restaurant.

I would definitely recommend it again. I would go back with a date or a few friends and sit on the patio by the fireplace. It's a very welcoming place with lots of parking and a friendly vibe.

• Visited November 2012
Houston, Texas
“Not the quality I expected”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

After looking at the other reviews, the foodie in me was expecting over the top quality food, but it was just average, not bad, average. The service was very attentive and the price was very reasonable.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank irbflyfish
long island, ny
“Very good meal”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Beckett's and service was very good. I had fish and husband had shrimp/sausage spicy dish. Both delicious. My only hesitation was we traveled from North Scottsdale and not that it is that far, but with so many good restaurants closer, I'm not sure I would return.

Visited October 2012
Chandler, Arizona
“Great Experience”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We moved to the area about three months ago from the Philadelphia region; and aside from brilliant Mexican cuisine, had struggled to find top flight restaurants- that is until we visited Beckett's Table. We were going to a concert downtown, and went through reviews and picked Beckett's to dine before the show. The experience in every way was what we'd come to expect of fine dining establishments- brilliant service, great atmosphere, and most importantly EXCELLENT food. We started with their mac 'n' cheese with panchetta, and the chicken meatballs in marinara. The Mac was in a word decadent. Easily my wife's favorite dish. The meatballs although a bit dry, were packed with flavor, as was the sauce. Mixing the two appetizers together was truly rewarding! For our entrees my wife had the shrimp and andoiulle sausage, and I had the osso bucco. Both entree were very well executed and tasted wonderful. On the server's suggestion I had a beer from Four Peaks, and my wife had a sangria that she loved. We were too full unfortunately for desert. If I had a knock, it'd be that the entrees while very good were not exceptional. That may be just a result of what we picked though. I'd highly recommend the restaurant. Lots of fun, excellent food, and wonderful service!

• Visited October 2012