“Terrible customer service and shady business practices”

Arizona Outdoor Fun
$184.11*
2-Hour Arizona Desert Guided Tour by ATV
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: ATV Tours, UTV Tours, Desert Tours, Guided ATV & UTV Tours, Self Guided ATV & UTV Tours, Shooting adventures, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, ATV Rentals, UTV Rentals, All Off-road rentals and tours.
Reviewed August 26, 2012

A few months ago my sisters, friends, and I decided to purchase Groupons with this company for my sister's 30th birthday celebration. For all of us this was our first time going so we had some questions. From the first interactions over the phone, several of us had a questionable impression of this being a legitimate business based on how they said things operate so we were already a little nervous for the day. When we arrive we were greeted by Cody but he was fairly new. He got us started on the very lengthy paperwork while his supervisor (Matt) was running in and out making preparations for the day. But every time he would come in, he would always have something to "micro manage" Cody about how he was doing things in a loud voicestrous manner, which also confused us about the questions we had. So every time he would step out, not only would he be at ease but us as well. As we reviewed the contract and the numerous things we had to sign, we started realizing that some things seemed very shady. I've worked at a rental company before so some of the tricky wording was very familiar to me and I was able to put some of the fire out but there were others that just weren't right. If you read it carefully you actually sign off that Arizona Outdoor Fun is not liable for things even in their own negligence and you also waive you're right to bring a legal suit against the company. The contract also doesn't state that your $500 deposit, that they take even before you get there. is refunded if the ski comes back in the same condition and you refill the gas. Just line item after line item of what and how you'll be charged if any little thing goes wrong. So as we begin questioning some of these things, Matt gets increasingly frustrated with us and tells us that this is how management likes us to do it and we can either sign the contract or leave. He proceeds to inform us that he isn't a lawyer and doesn't know where in the contract that we'll be refunded at the end of the rental. We weren't trying to be difficult but a group of females just looking to have a fun day don't want to just sign their lives away to just anybody. After talking to one of the owner's or manager over the phone we were somewhat put at ease about proceeding with the rental especially since some of us had come out of town and drove so far for this very event. So we wrap up the paperwork and then come the "add ons". They offer us insurance and also this handy "waterproof" bag to take credit cards (to refill the gas) and a cell phone just in case we have an issue. Of course Matt chimes in to tell us another customer had a problem just last week and was stranded on the lake with no way to call the office for help. He also tells Cody he needs to hurry up so that they can move on to the next customers that hadn't even arrived yet but were expected to come in. So we get the skis to that ramp, Cody gives us great instructions on how to operate the jet skis, and some directions on where to find the gas for $5/gallon instead of them refilling it for $8/gallon. We go out, have fun but decide to err on the side of caution not to be late as they charge $75/hour for being so and no "partial" hours can be calculated. We try to find this gas "station" for almost 30 minutes and we can't find it. So we rush back as to not be late as the gas that we'll be charged will be cheaper than the late fee. We come back in, Cody is waiting for us on time and we take care of the gas charges in the office. In terms of customer service experience, this tops the list of horrible ones. I will never return to Arizona Outdoor Fun and highly suggest anyone who dares to even try them out to read that contract very carefully!

2  Thank shayshay9925
Arizonaoutdoorfun, Owner at Arizona Outdoor Fun, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

We are extremely sorry to hear that your experinece with our company was less than expected. We always want all customers to have an excellent experience. I did leave you a voice mail if you could call back to discuss further i would appreciate it, as I would like to ensure that this does not happen again. Our business practices are standard for the industry and for an extreme activity. We should have better provided answers to your questions and concerns regarding the waiver and release. I will be holding a company wide training session to go over your concerns and better train my employees on the ins and outs of the waiver and release. It is our goal to ensure that everyone has the best experience possible,. If there is anything else I can do please call me at the office. Stephanie 602-400-2445

Reviewed August 15, 2012

A group of us from Bagdad came down in June to rent Jet skis for the day. The jet skis were in great condition and super fun. I will be renting from this place again! We even got coupons for buy 1 get 1 free snow cones! Great day, Matthew was super helpful!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

This activity was awesome! It was a great mix of riding sweet ATVs, seeing some great scenery and wildlife and checking out an old Indian fort and an old mining ghost town. Our guides Mathew and Dan has a lot of cool info to share along the way and kept the ride at a pace that was perfect for our riding skill. Our next trip to PHX will definitely include hitting the lake on some Jetskis with AOF!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We had a fantastic day on the water with Arizona Outdoor Fun at Lake Pleasant. Our captain Matthew made sure we had all the thrills we wanted and kept us safe and comfortable at the same time. It was our second outing with Arizona Outdoor Fun and we can't wait to go back!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and 2 teenage sons had the BEST time riding ATVs in the Tonto National Forest. My oldest son drove an ATV for the first time, my younger son rose along with my husband in a Rhino... they highly recommend the rhino. If you are going to the Phoenix area and want a fun adventure call Arizona Outdoor Fun.