“Happy hour until 7”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just stopped in because we saw the sign for happy hour. We just got some pints, we had already eaten. Small selection available, but we enjoyed the drafts. Good music.

There are newer reviews for The Rose and Crown Pub

Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stopped by here in August, but they were closed for remodeling. Stopped by last night and they were open. We had what was quite possibly the best fish and chips ever! Friendly staff and nice atmosphere. Only negative, if you want to call it that, is that in keeping with its pub atmosphere, the furniture is rickety. Out table really wobbled and my first stool chair was missing the front rung where you put your feet. I traded for another chair,but the frame flexed every time I moved and. I was worried it might come crashing down -- and I'm only 150 pounds. But we would definitely go back for the great food.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Walked over to the Rose and Crown to eat lunch. As long as you have your wrist band you can leave the museum. This is to the right out the front doors. They have shaded picnic tables, which makes it so relaxing after being in the crowds of the museum. Food is great too. Hamburgers, sandwiches, soup, salad and beer. Our meal here made our day. We watched a scavenger hunt as a british double decker bus dropped off folks. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I really enjoy this pub. My first experience with was sort of random. On my first trip to Phoenix, in 2011, I'd heard about this trendy/popular pizza place, Pizzeria Bianco. It's just a couple of blocks from the hotel I stayed at, Spring Hill Suites Downtown Phoenix, so I figured I'd give it a try. Place was packed with a 90-minute wait! For pizza! Sorry, YatPundit don't play dat. Across the street from the pizzeria was an inviting little pub, so in I went.

Smithwicks! Naturally, the Rose and Crown had Guinness on tap, but I was more in an ale mode. Once I started chatting with the bartenders, I realized they have a good rotating micro-brew selection on tap, so next time, I'll be more adventurous. Not that I didn't enjoy my pint, mind you.

I ate at The Rose and Crown twice this trip. I knew they were open on Sundays, so I could get a decent dinner rather than eating airport food. That decent dinner started with a crock of onion soup, then the "Pub Burger." - Sometimes you just want a simple cheeseburger. Well, not too simple, since this one has both swiss and cheddar cheese.

For my Thursday night trip (chatting up the lovely Kim behind the bar), I went with the "Phoenix Burger." I asked for the peppers on the side. Last time I had a similar burger, the "Cali Burger" at The Holy Grail in Plano, TX, all that jalapeno did me in for two days. :-)

I asked for both burgers to be cooked Medium; the kitchen delivered. Even though they had vinegar for chips like a proper English pub should, I opted for the potato salad, which was most excellent.

Dessert on both trips was a Milk Stout, I think (I forgot what Kim said) from Left Hand Brewing Co. in Colorado. It was fantastic!

Service: Apologies to the guy who was behind the bar on Sunday night, I didn't catch his name. He did a great job, though, as good as the very-cute Kim did on Thursday. Highly recommend this pub, and not just as an alternative to the pizzeria!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

One of the many local places that is in a converted house. Good atmosphere, good design, the beer selection is fantastic, the food is good enough. I always get great service sitting at a bar or at a table. The staff is always really friendly and willing to chat with you if you so desire. The customer base also seems really cool and easy to get along with. Nothing about any of this is special, but all of it is really good.