“Excellent and Relaxing Restaurant near Science Museum”

The Rose and Crown Pub
Ranked #374 of 3,061 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Arizona
“Excellent and Relaxing Restaurant near Science Museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Walked over to the Rose and Crown to eat lunch. As long as you have your wrist band you can leave the museum. This is to the right out the front doors. They have shaded picnic tables, which makes it so relaxing after being in the crowds of the museum. Food is great too. Hamburgers, sandwiches, soup, salad and beer. Our meal here made our day. We watched a scavenger hunt as a british double decker bus dropped off folks. Would highly recommend.

• Visited October 2012

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Good Burgers and Beer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

I really enjoy this pub. My first experience with was sort of random. On my first trip to Phoenix, in 2011, I'd heard about this trendy/popular pizza place, Pizzeria Bianco. It's just a couple of blocks from the hotel I stayed at, Spring Hill Suites Downtown Phoenix, so I figured I'd give it a try. Place was packed with a 90-minute wait! For pizza! Sorry, YatPundit don't play dat. Across the street from the pizzeria was an inviting little pub, so in I went.

Smithwicks! Naturally, the Rose and Crown had Guinness on tap, but I was more in an ale mode. Once I started chatting with the bartenders, I realized they have a good rotating micro-brew selection on tap, so next time, I'll be more adventurous. Not that I didn't enjoy my pint, mind you.

I ate at The Rose and Crown twice this trip. I knew they were open on Sundays, so I could get a decent dinner rather than eating airport food. That decent dinner started with a crock of onion soup, then the "Pub Burger." - Sometimes you just want a simple cheeseburger. Well, not too simple, since this one has both swiss and cheddar cheese.

For my Thursday night trip (chatting up the lovely Kim behind the bar), I went with the "Phoenix Burger." I asked for the peppers on the side. Last time I had a similar burger, the "Cali Burger" at The Holy Grail in Plano, TX, all that jalapeno did me in for two days. :-)

I asked for both burgers to be cooked Medium; the kitchen delivered. Even though they had vinegar for chips like a proper English pub should, I opted for the potato salad, which was most excellent.

Dessert on both trips was a Milk Stout, I think (I forgot what Kim said) from Left Hand Brewing Co. in Colorado. It was fantastic!

Service: Apologies to the guy who was behind the bar on Sunday night, I didn't catch his name. He did a great job, though, as good as the very-cute Kim did on Thursday. Highly recommend this pub, and not just as an alternative to the pizzeria!

• Visited September 2012
“Great bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

One of the many local places that is in a converted house. Good atmosphere, good design, the beer selection is fantastic, the food is good enough. I always get great service sitting at a bar or at a table. The staff is always really friendly and willing to chat with you if you so desire. The customer base also seems really cool and easy to get along with. Nothing about any of this is special, but all of it is really good.

arizona
“Good pub fare and great beer selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

This little pub is within walking distance from my office so I have been there numerous times. The food is always good and the beer cold. Prices are reasonable in keeping with the Downtown Phoenix Area. Check out Monday Night which is half price burgers. Good deal and pretty delicious!

• Visited May 2012
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Love It!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

This is my favorite place in Phoenix. In the historic park downtown, the Rose and Crown is in a historical home converted to a restaurant and bar. 2 sit down bars and a walk up with picnic tables on the lawn. The atmosphere is very laid back / friendly, kinda youngish. The music is unbelievable! Lots of GREAT 80's punk songs pop up in the mix. British theme, pool table room... Best is to sit on the porch at night listening to live music. If inside, be sure there's a crowd because there's a funky odor in there when it's not busy.

Visited September 2011