“Fantastic Experience I Would Heartily Recommend”

2 Fly Us Hot Air Balloon Rides - Private Flights
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I researched a number of options to hot air balloon ride with my adult daughter for her birthday while we were in Arizona, and am so pleased that we went with Kevin and his ground crew member, Gene. Safety was always top priority and we ended up in the basket just the two of us in November on a sunrise ride with clouds. Kevin's basket is smaller which was a huge plus for us, and he is known as a mentor to many others in the area who love hot air ballooning. He is a team player who focuses on each person, has funny jokes, has deep knowledge of his work and the area, and gave us thrills as we rose quickly, came down within touching range of a mountain, climbed to its peak as viewed in an IMAX movie, and landed with ease with Gene right there to direct us to the spot he chose to put away the balloon. I would do this again in a heartbeat if I knew the people were as seasoned and competent and FUN as Kevin and Gene. It is worth the money. Step into your greatness with Kevin and Gene.

1  Thank mokuluadrive
"launch site"
"balloon pilot"
"awesome pilot"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"afraid of heights"
"an amazing experience"
in 3 reviews
"highlight of our trip"

Reviewed November 15, 2013

After looking through TripAdvisor to find a company to provide us a great first balloon ride while in AZ, I decided to go with 2 Fly Us for a few reasons: Although not stated on their website, they use a smaller basket to fly only 4 people at a time + the pilot (company owner, Kevin Flanagan)...their fees are also slightly less than the other local companies ($175/pp vs. $195/pp)....they also had 5 stars on TripAdvisor by everyone who had flown with them previously. Since this was going to be our first ever balloon ride, I wanted a less cattle-hearding mentality when it came to the number of people in the basket, and I also wanted to be able to readily communicate with pilot as we flew....IT WAS FANTASTIC!

First, let me say that everybody was fun, laid-back and very informative. Kevin; his right-hand-man, Gene; Gene's wife (sorry! My old brain forgot her name!); and Chad, another ground crew member, were a blast to bs with during the van ride from the Dunkin Donuts where we met, to the launch site somewhere on the outskirts of Phoenix. We were also lucky enough to share our ride with a great couple we met from California, Shaun & Mahaila (? spelling?) who were also awesome conversationalists with great senses of humor!

I am absolutely petrified of heights, especially when there's nothing to hold onto to balance myself - I hate being on the back row or the edge of bleachers at sports events, hold on for dear-life on ladders, and I had to stay at least 10 feet away from the unfenced areas when we were at the Grand Canyon....ridiculous, I know, but it is, what it is....

In saying that, I had not one iota of anxiety getting into the basket and lifting off. It's true that since you have nothing to compare the distance from the basket to the ground, you do not experience the great sense of height, nor do you feel any sense that you are going to fall - none whatsoever!

We had a great flight over the desert and parts of the city - spotted some hares (and some people!) running through the desert and hills, watched as the sun was setting, and learned a great deal about the area, its features, and the operation of the balloon from Kevin as we flew upwards of 3000 ft in some spots.

Although the landing was a bit bouncey, Kevin skillfully got us down in an area that was completely clear of cholla & saguaro cactus, and told us how to brace ourselves and each other to land safely. We all made it down unscathed (...and absolutely thrilled!) and Gene, Mrs. Gene and Chad were at the landing sight within 5 minutes of setting down. We enjoyed some champagne and snacks on site while the team deflated and packed up the basket & balloon for our trip back to our cars @ Dunkin Donuts.

It was a wonderful experience and I would do it again in a heartbeat! Kevin and his team provided us with an amazing flight and a lot of laughs and memories - many thanks!

6  Thank MrsCaptain93
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was an amazing experience. Well worth the money. We decided on this company because they only book 2-4 people and take you up in a smaller basket. This eliminates waiting for latecomers which could result in a shorter ride. Also less crowding in the basket and more personal attention from the pilot were pluses. Kevin, owner and pilot, was very experienced and knowledgable. We had a smooth flight on a beautiful day. Would highly recommend this company!!!

3  Thank JayRud911
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We originally booked a balloon ride with Jon at Apex Balloons and were assigned to Kevin at 2 Fly Us. While we had a wonderful experience previously with Jon, Kevin and his crew (a great guy named Gene) were every bit as professional and experienced. They gave us a marvelous flight and our small group included two first-timers. My wife (who's not crazy about heights) and my sister-in-law were made to feel very comfortable and relaxed. Kevin is extremely knowledgeable not only about flying balloons but also pointed out many of the Arizona sites. A smaller basket made for a more intimate experience and great viewing for everyone. The champagne ceremony at the end of the flight was a fitting end to a great flight.

They picked us up promptly and explained in detail what was involved in balloon flight. We left with a very memorable experience and appreciation for the work and dedication of Kevin and Gene. These gentlemen and their company have our complete endorsement.

4  Thank Robert B