“Up Up and away!”

2 Fly Us Hot Air Balloon Rides - Private Flights
Ranked #19 of 54 Tours in Phoenix
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Always wanted to ride in a balloon. Kevin, the owner and pilot and Gene the chaser made this happen. From calling Kevin to make the reservations to drinking the champagne at the end the flight this was a wonderful experience that I will never forget. The weather was perfect. Kevin and Gene were on time at the pickup-got us up in the air quickly and took us closer to the mountains than the other balloons. Up, Up and away in my beautiful balloon!

1  Thank Billscottvb
There are newer reviews for 2 Fly Us Hot Air Balloon Rides - Private Flights

Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I came down to Phoenix to visit friends. Our Anniversary fell during our trip so I wanted to do something that we had never done before that the four of us could do together. A hot air balloon ride was the answer that we will never regret. After doing a lot of internet research, we chose 2 Fly Us because of the 4 + 1 basket, and the information I received from Kevin over the phone. This way we had our own private trip. The trip was amazing! So smooth from the time we left the ground to the time we returned! There were about a dozen balloons in the air that morning, but I bet we had the best flight by far! Kevin brought us up and down, pretty close to skimming the tops of cactus as we flew so low at the foothills, up the side of the mountain and right back down the other side, acting as pilot and tour guide. The landing was perfect (even though I was kind of hoping for a tip over for the full experience)!!! Gene worked awfully hard and fast packing up that balloon while we enjoyed mimosas and muffins! This was by far one of the coolest things we have ever done! Kevin and Gene were very professional and funny and personal. I would only fly with these guys again!

3  Thank Amy B
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Kevin runs a great operation here. He is very organized and on top of everything but still the experience was very relaxing and tranquil. He called me the night before to confirm that the weather was good and that we were still on for the next morning. On the morning of our flight, he and his small team were all super friendly, professional and just fun to talk to and be around. I loved that the balloon that we took up had a small basket so I didn't feel crammed in there with a bunch of strangers. This was an intimate ballooning experience. We had a great ride and it just made for a terrific start to my day in Phoenix. I'd do this again for sure!

3  Thank joepwn
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was planning a balloon flight (our first) for our 37th wedding anniversary. After researching a few hot air balloon companies in the area, it was an easy choice after talking with Kevin (the owner). Instead of being like cattle for a cheaper price, we opted for the personal flight of only 4 people. Wow, did we make the right choice. Kevin was awesome from the moment we met him at the Dunkin Donuts. He has the best stories and made us feel as if he was a "long lost friend". Instead of taking flight near the interstate and hovering over the freeways, he and Gene took us to an isolated area in the desert. Our flight was consisted of flying VERY low over the desert and VERY high with views of Flagstaff and all the way south to Tucson. Very impressive. We were surprised at how smooth the flight was and how well Kevin hugged the terrain. We even scraped the bottom of the basket over a mesquite tree! Never did my wife feel scared or nervous. Kevin's stories were entertaining and personable. When we come back to Phoenix, we will do this again, but never with anyone other than Kevin. Thanks for a wonderful day to celebrate our momentous occasion. You guys are the best. And, the toast at the end of the flight was "icing on the cake".

2  Thank Brad F
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Kevin and Jean run a slick operation. Period. The best way to view Phoenix and beyond. The guys were really friendly and the operation is very safely run. Also a tour guide for a unique vantage point. This is a lot of fun. Do this if you visit Phoenix you won't regret it.

1  Thank Donnie W