“GOOD CHILE”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Had a very nice dinner at Arribas with my husband last night. Took one bite of the green chile with chip and "POW" was my mouth on fire. Excellent food. Manager stopped by our table and we talked for 5 minutes very nice gentleman. Very impressed, he did tell us the secret to the chile and it will stay a secret!! Next time in the area we will stop by again. I recomend the New Mexico style green hile enchiladas yum.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I have to say I used to hate this place!!? I haven't tried it for many years until recently. I used to think their food was the most bland I've ever had. It was spicy hot, but with zero flavor.

But now - wow! The chicken tortilla soup is to die for and so are their shrimp tacos! I don't know what they do to those shrimp tacos, but they are my all time favorite tacos ever! The dishes are hot and I'm not talking about the temperature. I'm talking about the spicy hot kick! They are known for this! If you like it hot, you've got to come eat here! If you don't like the heat, stay away! The bean dip they serve with the chips before your meal is so tasty, and again...hot! I really don't necessarily like spicy hot food, but theirs has the flavor that actually shines through the heat! Fantastic! It's a must try!

It's a fun, Mexican restaurant! Great place to bring family or friends!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

As a resident of Phoenix for 33 years, I've eaten at a lot of Mexican restaurants. This is my favorite. It's not the most authentic or the oldest but it's good food on a consistent basis. It's affordable and they are very good with Hatch chilies.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Arriba's doesn't have the best Mexican food in town. It's not bad, it's just not great. It does have a wide variety and the prices are great, especially the daily specials. Go for happy hour to get great deals on food and drink. A good, casual place to eat.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We have eaten at Arribas often and never had a bad meal. I love the White Sands Chimi.