“not the best experience”

Travelodge Phoenix Downtown
Ranked #108 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Dallas, Texas
“not the best experience”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

So...while I was out one night, a large hole opened up in the bathroom ceiling and started dripping water. It wasn't raining at all that day. When I got back, my key wouldn't work and I was told by someone at the front desk that I had been moved to a different room. I eventually got access to the old room and was able to move my stuff a few doors down, but it was all a little weird. No "sorry for the inconvenience" or anything either. As if that wasn't enough, the water pressure in the shower was strong enough to nearly leave bruises.

I think I'll just leave it at there. There was no redeeming value, other than the fact that it did not have bed bugs, I guess. There's a property next door that's 1,000 times better for the same price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Managerofbestwestinn, Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your resent stay with Best West Inn Downtown Phoenix.

The review that you wrote in tripadvisor, I so your review I feel very bad what happen.
I apologize what happen.

My staff talk to me and said they warned you that room need maintenance work, and said to you this the last room we have, and we told you what the room problem is. Still you said I will stay in the room..

I am really sorry of behalf of Best West inn staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Good prices but room was less than desireable. Had to ask for remote control, no hot water in the sink, no "Do not disturb" sign, and they "forgot" to clean our room on the third day of our stay so we had to go get towels, which they shoved across the dirty countertop through the hole in the plexiglass. Not enough power sources in the room for amenities and our cell phones/computers. "Free" wi-fi was available but very slow!!! Abandoned vehicles on property parked in front parking stall so we had to park away from our room. No security locks on the doors. Best part of the stay were the laughs my wife and I had about "saving money."

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Managerofbestwestinn, Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your resent stay with Best West Inn Downtown Phoenix.

I apologize what happen. When I so the review I immediately take action, in the binning
The staff did not accept of what happen, As the general manager I trues the customer (you) first.

I am really sorry of behalf of Best West inn staff.

I wish you come back in the future and give you better service in the future. ;-)

Travelers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Sydney
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed for 5 days in January 2013. All of the staff we met were super, super nice (yo Theresa!). The hotel is basic but if, like us, you got a really good deal on Kayak or something then it is well worth the price. The room was plenty big enough and clean. A couple of little things like a lamp not working or an old bar of soap in the shower might bother people but if you can deal with stuff like that then go for it. Anyway, we didn't have any problems and the locks (new looking) are really big so your stuff will be fine. It's a good location for walking but you're gonna need better transport for Phoenix anyway. The light rail is only a few blocks away and there's a bus stop right outside. Free WiFi... Yeah, I'd stay there again!
Thanks bwidp :)

Room Tip: There's a room with a bathtub you can ask for I think?
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Managerofbestwestinn, Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for liking our location.. We enjoy having you sir... We apology's about the bathroom soap. We take care of it.

I know we will see you back ;-)
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Everything was fine here. Staff very friendly (even surprisingly so). The only complaint I have is that the water came out rusty for the first minute. Then it cleared up. And the shower drained slowly. Otherwise this hotel as great value for money!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Managerofbestwestinn, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you, for enjoying your stay..
Bayfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 26, 2012

It was cheaper than other choices I saw in the downtown area, but be aware that it isn't particularly attractive in the room. The bed was "ok" and the frig and microwave served my needs. Shower was also "ok" but no hot water from the sink. One window up high in bedroom. Some people might be uncomfortable walking the first few blocks until you get to the downtown area. I liked being close to public transportation and a great Thai restaurant, Basil Thai 7 blocks away.

Room Tip: Check out room first including if everything works.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Managerofbestwestinn, Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you, for your satisfaction and enjoying your stay will minor problems. Will correct the problems, Ones you come back you see much better..
Sonneberg, Germany
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for one night at a room at the ground floor.
The room was good, had a big bed, an a/c, a microwave, coffee machine and coffee, a fridge and a tv. Wifi was also for free.
The bathroom was okay, the shower cleanliness was average.
The night was very quiet and even in the morning I didn't here noises from the rush hour.

The personell was very nice and friendly!

I would totally recommend this motel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Managerofbestwestinn, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for enjoying your stay & thank you letting you friends and family know the good service we provide you.. :-)

Happy Holidays!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 10, 2012

It's only 7 blocks from Downtown. If you don't have a car, you may ride a bus back and forth to the hotel. A lot of parkings. Standby taxi service right at the hotel. No need to call taxi!

You also have to prepare your own shampoo. No grocery store close by.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank AlbertDavidoff
Thank you for enjoying your stay.. With you suggestion we have now shampoos, conditioner and lotion in the bathroom.