“Doesn't Get Better”

Unicorn Balloon Company
Ranked #38 of 54 Tours in Phoenix
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Pilot John Bagwell is well experienced and quite humorous. This was the experience of a lifetime, surreal, serene with a quiet that I have never heard before. The views of the desert were awesome. Like John said now that I crossed this one off my bucket list I need to add two more, going to be hard pressed to find two things as good!

1  Thank Donna D
There are newer reviews for Unicorn Balloon Company

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Unicorn Balloon Company took me on my very first hot air balloon ride, and I had an absolute blast! I opted for the sunrise ride, and despite the very early meeting time (7am in Cave Creek, which is about 45 minutes away from Phoenix), it was completely worth it to see the first glimmers of dawn spread over the desert, splashing pink hues over every surface.

We wound up taking off near about 15 other balloons (although this is not always the case) and it was sensational to see all the other balloons speckled brightly against the sky.

The basket fits up to 12 people, and though it is a tight fit, it's not uncomfortable and everyone gets a great view.

After the ~1 hour flight, the pilot, John, offered up a champagne toast (or OJ for non-drinkers).

I felt completely safe from start to finish and simply fascinated by the balloons!

PARTING THOUGHT: Must be pretty cool to live in the surrounding area and see the balloons go up every day!

4  Thank IdaFats
Reviewed May 11, 2011

What a great experience!!! These guys really look after you well - it's more than just going up and down in a hot air balloon (which is pretty amazing in itself). The history, the stories, the (bad) jokes, the descriptions of what you're seeing, the champagne and nibbles on landing, i could go on and on about how totally awesome Unicorn Balloons are but the best thing is to check them out for yourself - you won't be disappointed!

5  Thank 5hreek
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I did a lot of searching on the internet for a balloon company for our visit to Scottsdale November 2010. It was hard to tell which one was the better company, there are large firms and small. This company caught my eye when they stated "we are no longer the largest in the area, but we are the best!". After spending a morning with the crew and seeing the other companies in action, I have to agree! Captain John and his crew are top notch, and made sure that our trip was perfect! They understand that safety is first and have so many years of experience, that we were confident in them from the start.
When your in the Phoenix area you have to give this a try! I want to go again, soon.

4  Thank hehasawifeyouknow