“Awesome museum”

Musical Instrument Museum Self-Guided Tour
Ranked #1 of 232 things to do in Phoenix
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The World's Only Global Musical Instrument Museum. Home of the MIM Music Theater--a 300-seat acoustically superb performance space--as well as the award-winning Café Allegro (open 11 am - 2 pm daily) and the MIM Museum Store. The average guest spends nearly four hours at MIM. Please allow plenty of time to fully enjoy MIM's galleries and exhibits. Open daily, 9 am - 5 pm; Closed Thanksgiving; Open Christmas, 11 am - 5 pm. General Admission: $20; Teens (ages 13-19): $15; Children (ages 4-12): $10; Children 3 and under: Free. Hours and prices are subject to change.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 6, 2013

You can definitely spend whole day there! Abundant collections and brilliant music box exhibition! My personal favorite is the music box section...I guess I spent at least 40 mins~1 hour there. The family center is a very considerate design for babies and moms! Can't wait to recommend MIM to all visitors! Also thanks to the people provide service there, your very kind help and smiles really made our day!
大力推薦這個博物館,館藏豐富,並且有相當不錯的解說。館方所付的語音機可以讓遊客在參觀影片時有很好的臨場感。這是一個絕對值得待上一整天的博物館,非常具有教育性質,獲得新知。此外,館員的服務態度極好,真的很棒!大力推薦給所有遊客。

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This place is awesome. You don't need to like music to appreciate this museum. There are endless exhibits on display, and could be looked at more a history lesson than anything. They do a good job with organization and you can literally get lost in all the rooms of instruments. I would like to go back, take my iPad and write a blog about my experience. With as much as they have on display, I could write a book about my visit! This is a must for people visiting and is gem in our own back hard for locals.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We really loved this place. Never have we seen so many instruments in one place. The screen info for each country was spot on. It is a huge space so give yourself 3hrs min. The building style is fab and has a lovely feel to it. I am not into architecture but think this building is amazing in its own right.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We absolutely loved the harps in the Experience Gallery. My husband and son really enjoyed playing them. See photos and more details here: http://arizonafamilies.blogspot.com/2013/05/musical-instrument-museum-scottsdale.html

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised and just bowled over by this museum. I think it's my new favorite. We attended the Bastille Day celebration of all things French. They had fun craft, live performances and special exhibit of antique French "stereos" for the lack of the correct word. Folks of all ages can try out more than a dozen instruments, take lessons, and more. I loved music from around the world upstairs, and the pop music over the decades exhibit. You can hear original recordings from the famous, lesser knowns-that we should've known, to the infamous. Outstanding! Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank TravelinSuz