“A great day at Grand Canyon with Steve!”

Arizona Scenic Tours - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Custom Grand Canyon Day Trip
Ranked #1 of 14 Food & Drink in Phoenix
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Comfort and flexibility make our tours the best way to see Arizona and the Southwest. YOUR group is our priority. We take great pride in our destinations and we want to share our love of southwest scenery, culture, and history with you. From the national parks to the historic mining towns to the scenic byways... we get you there. We offer day trips to all of Arizona's top spots. Grand Canyon, Sedona, Tombstone, Apache Trail, Tucson, Wine Country, Prescott and more. We design tours to Canyon de Chelly, Monument Valley, Lake Powell and beyond. We go where YOU want to see.
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Steve picked me up at my hotel in his van and provided a great relaxing tour experience. He is very peronable, knows Arizona very well, and is able to answer virtually any question you may have. He knows the ideal spots to stop to maximize your time at the best views. Highly recommended !

2  Thank Jeff M
in 5 reviews
"comfortable van"
"excellent driver"

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Steve is a walking reference guide for the state of Arizona! He's very knowledgeable & answered all my questions about the flora & fauna & weather conditions of Arizona. This tour was one of the highlights of our trip. We went to Sedona & the Grand Canyon. It was awesome. I would highly recommend Steve to anyone looking for an Arizona guided tour :)

1  Thank Meredith R
Reviewed December 15, 2013

There are tours filled with large groups of people on tour buses, a driver that mentions a few things rehearsed along the way BUT this is NOT what you will find when you book with Arizona Scenic Day Tours! Steve is no ordinary "tour guide". He is so much more. Steve is so knowledgeable in so many ways that most never begin to know or cover. He not only knows ALL the history of every place you will be taken, he teaches you about the plants, the animals, the geography of areas and why they are the way they are as well as nifty little "fun facts" you wondered about but never thought anyone would know the answer to. We booked two separate tour days with him and was the smartest thing we could have ever done! Steve is so detailed and thinks of everything to make your days easy and enjoyable. He included drinks in a cooler for us after finding out in advance what we would like, has a very comfortable private van (not passenger van) with comfy seats and drink holders and sliding doors to make getting in and out of easy. He also made sure to have plenty of places we could stop for restroom breaks if needed, forewarns us of any things to avoid or look for when we arrive at each location, etc. It got to the point where by the second tour day, he knew instinctively what I was about to ask him after two words and not even having to complete my sentence. We had some flexibility of a day between our two tours. He called us in advance after watching the weather to suggest we switch the tours only because there was snow headed into the Grand Canyon and was thoughtful enough to think about the fact we would not get good photos if we went on the day originally planned. We were happy to do that. He KNOWS Arizona, he KNOWS his facts and he will truly make your day tours more than just the typical tour. He's also very kind and honest and if he suggests something to you, take the advice. You'll be glad you did. Those large tours dump you at locations whether the weather is good or not, you are with big groups of people and just one of the crowd. Not with Arizona Scenic Day Tours! Private tours, comfortable vehicles, advises you as to possible changes to make your day more memorable and one you won't forget. We did one day in Tucson visiting the Titan II Missile Silo (very cool and I never thought I would like it even though I knew my husband would), the St. Xavier Mission and the PIMA Air & Space Museum. ALL great. Second day we travelled north to Montezuma's Castle (Indian Tribe cliff dwelling) which was great and in such a pretty setting on the Beaver Creek and then into the Grand Canyon. Wow! All I can say it, wow! Snow on the ground, chilly but SO BEAUTIFUL and SO WORTH IT! I'm actually glad for my own personal preference, to have gone in the winter. The snow only added to it all and there weren't so many people but as Steve said, all times of year have their own unique and beautiful attributes. We ate at the El Tovar restaurant which had so much atmosphere and very good food, then on to 3 additional points where Steve took us all along the southern rim of the canyon. Do it. Book with them and you won't regret it. They really work with you to give you what you want to see but they also know what is practical. More than we do. Just listen to suggestions, be flexible and allow them to do what they do best!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

The journey was as good as the attractions. We had Mike as our tour guide and he is a great person. Our tour was a one day trip to Sedona and Grand Canyon. I had gone with my husband and mother in law. We had to take a longer route as there had been some mishap. But with Mike and the scenic surroundings it didnt feel long! A big chatterbox as he is the journey became more interesting because of him.My family spent a very good time on this trip. I had contacted this tour viewing the rating given here and it was all worth the 5 star that I am giving.