“You Won't Find Better!”

$175.00*
Custom Grand Canyon Day Trip
$155.00*
and up
Semi-Custom Apache Trail Day Trip Including Dolly Steamboat and Superstition...
Ranked #1 of 11 Food & Drink in Phoenix
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Comfort and flexibility make our tours the best way to see Arizona and the Southwest. YOUR group is our priority. We take great pride in our destinations and we want to share our love of southwest scenery, culture, and history with you. From the national parks to the historic mining towns to the scenic byways... we get you there. We offer day trips to all of Arizona's top spots. Grand Canyon, Sedona, Tombstone, Apache Trail, Tucson, Wine Country, Prescott and more. We design tours to Canyon de Chelly, Monument Valley, Lake Powell and beyond. We go where YOU want to see.
PENNSYLVANIA
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“You Won't Find Better!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

There are tours filled with large groups of people on tour buses, a driver that mentions a few things rehearsed along the way BUT this is NOT what you will find when you book with Arizona Scenic Day Tours! Steve is no ordinary "tour guide". He is so much more. Steve is so knowledgeable in so many ways that most never begin to know or cover. He not only knows ALL the history of every place you will be taken, he teaches you about the plants, the animals, the geography of areas and why they are the way they are as well as nifty little "fun facts" you wondered about but never thought anyone would know the answer to. We booked two separate tour days with him and was the smartest thing we could have ever done! Steve is so detailed and thinks of everything to make your days easy and enjoyable. He included drinks in a cooler for us after finding out in advance what we would like, has a very comfortable private van (not passenger van) with comfy seats and drink holders and sliding doors to make getting in and out of easy. He also made sure to have plenty of places we could stop for restroom breaks if needed, forewarns us of any things to avoid or look for when we arrive at each location, etc. It got to the point where by the second tour day, he knew instinctively what I was about to ask him after two words and not even having to complete my sentence. We had some flexibility of a day between our two tours. He called us in advance after watching the weather to suggest we switch the tours only because there was snow headed into the Grand Canyon and was thoughtful enough to think about the fact we would not get good photos if we went on the day originally planned. We were happy to do that. He KNOWS Arizona, he KNOWS his facts and he will truly make your day tours more than just the typical tour. He's also very kind and honest and if he suggests something to you, take the advice. You'll be glad you did. Those large tours dump you at locations whether the weather is good or not, you are with big groups of people and just one of the crowd. Not with Arizona Scenic Day Tours! Private tours, comfortable vehicles, advises you as to possible changes to make your day more memorable and one you won't forget. We did one day in Tucson visiting the Titan II Missile Silo (very cool and I never thought I would like it even though I knew my husband would), the St. Xavier Mission and the PIMA Air & Space Museum. ALL great. Second day we travelled north to Montezuma's Castle (Indian Tribe cliff dwelling) which was great and in such a pretty setting on the Beaver Creek and then into the Grand Canyon. Wow! All I can say it, wow! Snow on the ground, chilly but SO BEAUTIFUL and SO WORTH IT! I'm actually glad for my own personal preference, to have gone in the winter. The snow only added to it all and there weren't so many people but as Steve said, all times of year have their own unique and beautiful attributes. We ate at the El Tovar restaurant which had so much atmosphere and very good food, then on to 3 additional points where Steve took us all along the southern rim of the canyon. Do it. Book with them and you won't regret it. They really work with you to give you what you want to see but they also know what is practical. More than we do. Just listen to suggestions, be flexible and allow them to do what they do best!

Visited December 2013

Vancouver, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Worth the 5 star”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The journey was as good as the attractions. We had Mike as our tour guide and he is a great person. Our tour was a one day trip to Sedona and Grand Canyon. I had gone with my husband and mother in law. We had to take a longer route as there had been some mishap. But with Mike and the scenic surroundings it didnt feel long! A big chatterbox as he is the journey became more interesting because of him.My family spent a very good time on this trip. I had contacted this tour viewing the rating given here and it was all worth the 5 star that I am giving.

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Grand Canyon Tour”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Steve took us from Scottsdale to the Grand Canyon on Mon 25 November. We booked the tour on Trip Advisor recommendations and had a fabulous day. 5 star service from start to finish and worth every cent. Great job Steve -thank you. Kind regards Sue & David Ross

1 Thank Sue R
wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Day Trip To The Grand Canyon”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Steve, owner of Arizona Scenic Tours, is a great tour guide. He is knowledgeable and fun to be with. Our trip took us through Sedona and then on to the Grand Canyon. What an experience! The weather at the Grand Canyon was a little on the cool side but we were prepared for it having been told that the temperature there could possibly be several degrees different than the Phoenix area. It was still great being there and seeing this awesome place! Sedona was beautiful too.
We would highly recommend Arizona Scenic Tours to anybody who plans to tour the area.

1 Thank Ginger J
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A truly memorable experience”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This has to be the number one way to see the sights of Arizona and beyond. Steve runs a great tour company and he has a passion for the land that makes each trip come alive. You travel in comfort, and he takes great care of you, which as a solo traveller I really appreciated. I so enjoyed my Sedona/Grand Canyon visit that I straightaway took a second day trip to see the astonishing Frank Lloyd Wright house at Taliesin West, and central Phoenix itself. The great thing is that Steve can build his tour around what you want to see and do, then he brings a wealth of personal knowledge to make sure you get the best from your time. On my next visit I hope to take a longer trip, but in the meantime these two tours have been truly memorable. Thank you!