“Super Authentic Mexican food”

America's Taco Shop
Ranked #1,435 of 3,161 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Encanto
Description: Http://www.americastacoshop.net/
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Off the beaten path in Old Scottsdale - worth searching it out. Nice little patio out back with umbrellas for shade. Prices and portions are great. Taste was the best we've had for Mexican type food. Flavours were great and the food was fresh. Only down side was that they don't have a liquor licence at the moment. A cold Corona would have been awesome.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

What a cute place with friendly help.
Had pastor taco, vampire, quesadilla, and the Jamaica drink is delishious.
Will return for ceviche.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Tacos served quickly when you are on the run. Food and employees are wonderful.
A pleasant little homey place to sit and enjoy your meal with friends.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

My Yelp review......Okay, the original Phoenix locations weren't much better, this location is not quite step above Taco Bell. I had the carne asada breakfast burrito with spices salsa. What spice? The tiny bits of carne were overly salty and the way the eggs are cook with the other ingredients makes them seem steamed. My burrito dripped tones of clear juice before I added the salsa. Taco Bell has more choices and better quality! I wish I could get my $6.80 back.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

stopped by the new location at 16th street and Camelback rd.. last night to compare them with the 7th Ave. location that I visited on 3 different occasions. I liked the Pastor and Carne taco's at the 7th Ave. location, but I have to say that I feel their pricing is a little high for what you get! Now lets compare the tastes differences between the two locations. The 7th Ave. was hands down better than the 16th St. location by far and again, I think their pricing is high for what you get. I could not finish the regular sized chicken burrito because of its awful taste. I hate to throw food away, but this was so bad I wouldn't feed it to a stray dog or cat. The regular burrito was about the size of a large flauta and the Carne taco's had about 4 small pieces of meat in each one and my bill was 12 dollars and change without drinks. Judging from the lack of patron's in the shop should have been my first clue as to the BAD FOOD on the plus side this location was clean and bright with a nice staff. STAY AWAY!!! from this location!!! THIS IS ANOTHER SAD AMERICAN SELLOUT STORY OF MONEY OVER QUALITY AND CUSTOMER CARE!!!

1  Thank Ron S