“Popular Lunch Place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: South Mountain
San Tan Valley, Arizona
“Popular Lunch Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Not far off I-10, about 8 minutes from Sky Harbour Airport, in an industrial area - only open for lunch and quite crowded with local repeat customers. Their smoked meatloaf is pretty unique (featured on a Travel Channel segment about barbecue) and quite good. Other offerings looked good, especially the stuffed potatoes. Worth a stop.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Denison, Iowa
“Great barbecue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is a great place for lunch, large menu. The place was packed, guess it always is. Since we were driving thru from Iowa, a very good thing we had a GPS to give directions. Would definitely give this restaurant 5 stars - super good.

• Visited February 2013
payson
“WOW!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

No atmosphere or parking but GREAT food fast. Others could learn from this place how to run a resturant.

• Visited January 2013
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I am originally from Kansas City, so I know my BBQ. This place was top notch and the food was absolutely amazing. My work doesn't require me to be back any time soon, but I may just take the long way and stop here more often.

Visited May 2012
Vienna, Virginia
“…You be the Judge…”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2010

(Our visit—26 March, 2010) I learned of this Barbecue restaurant while watching Food Network, which was featuring the prestigious Reno Barbecue Competition. Their barbecue took top prize, and as I knew we were going to be in the Phoenix area, I made a note to try it. Their website claims their barbecue has won over 25 National and International awards. It is located in an office park area in the south Phoenix/Tempe area and only open Monday through Friday from 1030 to 1500. My husband and I did not love the barbecue, but everyone knows barbecue is a hotly debated food item. I think its many awards warrant it a try by others. Everything was excellent quality, but the barbecue was just a little too sweet for our taste. Kudos for several excellent sides: the Kentucky blue cheese slaw, sweet corn medley, and garlic mashed potatoes. Soft drinks were self serve. Service was average.

• 4 of 5 bubbles