New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Loved this place and the food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of True Food Kitchen

True Food Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
True Food Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 2,927 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Vegetarian Friendly, Contemporary, Healthy, Vegan Options
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Camelback East
NW US
“Loved this place and the food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place totally lived up to my expectations. The food was perfect and the drinks were wonderful! There was a long wait for lunch but it was the weekend and I had not expected or realized that this restaurant was attached to a mall, but it was well worth the time we spent waiting. We don't live in Phx but I wish I could go back! I want to try everything on this menu!

Tucson
“A bit of a disappointment...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I am a diehard Dr. Weil fan. I read his books and check his website regularly. When a friend told me about True Food, I made it a point to visit the restaurant during a trip up to Phoenix.

The menu was varied and creative, and it showcased many fresh and seasonal items. But for the high prices, the food fell a bit short of my expectations. I ordered the Farmer's Market Salad. It was a bowl of crunchy, green goodness. The veggies were crisp and sweet but beyond that, the salad didn't seem to be anything I couldn't easily duplicate at home. Plus the salad was supposed to include avocado, yet I got one thumbnail sized hunk in the entire salad. It was good overall, but for thirteen dollars. I felt a bit robbed. Next I ordered the baked spaghetti squash casserole. The server was kind enough to suggest adding some chicken to bulk up the meal. It was flavorful and surprisingly filling. But a little frozen dinner sized portion of this was 18 dollars! And I was a little annoyed that my mother paid 26 bucks for a small piece of sea bass over not even a half of cup of veggies... That's it. With two nonalcoholic drinks (the kale-ade and a Medicine Man, which were amazing) our bill for the two of us was 70 dollars! I wouldn't have minded as much if the portions were a bit larger and more side items were offered with the entrees.

I may come back for the kale-ade but I won't be in a huge hurry to do so.

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank raquelross
Abilene, TX
“Nice idea. Food is off target.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Service was great. Concept is great. Atmosphere is pretty cool. Good location. But I came here to eat. My turkey burger was terrible, lots of starchy bread, not much bland turkey. The sweet potato (I think) cubes were small and dry. My wife's Panang Curry was not what she expected, but she did say she enjoyed it so I just moved the rating up. Maybe it was just my turkey burger. I suppose I should go back and give it another try, with a different menu item.

1 Thank MangaMan
Dallas, Texas
“Healthy and Yum!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Had lunch here and it was so yummie!! The Tuscan Kale salad was so good and really healthy. You could watch the preparing it in the open kitchen. Everything was so fresh and I wanted to try each and everything that passed me. They told me one was opening in Dallas and I can't wait for it! It's a trip through the garden!!

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“True food Kitchen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Savory, healthy oriented food that is prepared fresh. Truly fine dinning and perfect for lunch or dinner. It has an open factor with eating comfortably on the restaurants patio. It is within a lovely shopping center as well.

• Visited May 2013