“I Eat Here at Least Once a Week...Sometimes More”
Review of True Food Kitchen

True Food Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
True Food Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 3,134 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Reviewed March 31, 2013

First of all it's healthy food. True Foods is like going to a spa for a week and losing 5 lbs. and never feeling hungry. I go here at least once a week and have eaten just about everything on the menu. I've never had a meal I didn't like at True Foods. I know I sound like a commercial, but it's just that good. I especially like the gluten-free pizza, the soups, the salads, the lettuce cups, the gluten free turkey lasagne, bison burger, the Asian platter, the stew, the flourless and non-dairy desserts, and I always end my meal with a pot of Jasmin green tea. The customer service is impeccable too. I bought my family the True Foods cook book. My son-in-law made the meatball tomato soup, unbelievable and my wife just made the Kale pesto today over gluten-free pasta. Can you tell I like this place?

1  Thank MikeGrossman
There are newer reviews for True Food Kitchen

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This place makes healthy food that tastes great so that you can simply enjoy eating. The only downside you might experience is that there is a bit of a Hollywood feel to the neighborhood. The staff is extremely down to earth, but the clientele comes across as high brow.

1  Thank Michael_Groarke
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This restaurant was great: food, drinks, atmosphere. I heard the wait could be long but I was able to walk in and sit at the bar. The food was extremely fresh. Drinks were very good as well, made with fresh squeezed juices and herbs. The kitchen is 100% open which provided lots of entertainment during dinner. Vegan/vegetarian/gluten free friendly.overall great place that taste awesome and makes you feel even better. Will defiantly be on my favorites list

1  Thank Bthomas77
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The food was very good, fresh, and different. I had a really good fritata and my husband had the quinoa flapjacks while my daughter had the gf carrot muffin. Try one of the special sodas that are made with fresh juice - delicous!

1  Thank CAM7769
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This restaurant is simply not worth the long wait. It's quite curious that so many people wait for 30+ minutes to dine at this below average establishment while several other nice restaurants are half-empty in the same mall. The atmosphere is extremely noisy (and our waiter refused to raise his voice so that we could hear him) and the chairs are uncomfortable, inexpensive patio chairs. The drinks were overpriced and I was quite surprised that the San Tan Hefeweizer was served out of an aluminum can that is harmful to the environment when other restaurants in town serve the same beer out of a more "green" keg & tap setup. The onion tart was not bad as was the chicken chopped salad, but the steak tacos were without any flavor or taste and were not served hot. The waiter forgot the sour cream for one of the taco orders and seemed perplexed when we pointed this out. In general the service was slow and disinterested.