“Consistently good food”

Neighborhood: Camelback East
Phoenix
“Consistently good food”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I have been going to Babbo's for lunch for the past few years. Their salads are generous, unusual and very, very good. The roasted brussel sprout and beet is one of the best. You can order a smaller version (still a good size) or a larger version. I had been wanting to try the $5.99 spaghetti and meatballs (Monday and Tuesday) for years and finally talked my son into going along with me. The spaghetti and meatballs is two large meatballs and a generous portion of spaghetti. I won't say it is as good as my Italian mother's, but it is darn respectable. The only criticism I have is why not add freshly grated cheese at the table? That would be a very nice touch. If you order a small dinner salad (which is not just run-of-the-mill lettuce tossed on a plate but much better), you'll have enough to take home for lunch the next day. Quite the bargain for $5.99! I have never ordered the pizza, but have been with people who said they are excellent as well. I have never had a problem with the service. The wait staff has always been prompt for the most part and friendly.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank PhoenixRobin

Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,026 helpful votes
“Good service, above average food”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I had a lemon chicken pasta dish and my brother had spaghetti and meatballs.

Both of us enjoyed our meals.

The waiter was friendly and professional.

This was my first time in this particular location and enjoyed the well-lit open floor plan.

I would return.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank arizonaac
Calgary, Canada
“Quick and tasty”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

A restaurant where you can go to get some decent food, substantial portions and the bread they serve at your table is soft, chewy and warm. The service was friendly and efficient. The prices are very reasonable.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Kim T
Rensselaer, New York
“simple and delicious”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Delicious shrimp and sausage puttanesca dish as well as pasta with fresh veggies. Great warm bread. Very reasonable prices too! Clean contempory decor and attentive wait staff.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank teambee
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Babbo, Cave Creek”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Atmosphere - Hectic: Looking for romance and candlelight Italian? This is not the place.
Wait Time- Whatever the host says, just double it.
Food -When I walk into an Italian restaurant I'd like to smell garlic and tomatoes cooking. I did not.
Pizza- Ordered a traditional pepperoni with cheese. Very bland with little taste of either the pepperoni or the sauce.
Pizza- Ordered white with fresh tomato and cheese. Was uninspired by both taste and smell.
Overall, the pizza was so thin, it could have passed for a nacho!
Spaghetti and meatballs - How you could mess up this traditional dish in an Italian restaurant is beyond me. Bland meatballs with no spice, and sauce (gravy) with no zip at all.
Finally, the bar -- with mostly teen age wait service, they have no idea what's at the bar. I ordered a vodka martini. All vodka, for some reason was 'flavored'. Who wants a peppermint martini?
That's my 'read' of the place. I was happy to go home.

• Visited August 2013