“Wonderful service, wonderful value”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport
Ranked #61 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Detroit, MI
“Wonderful service, wonderful value”
Reviewed June 21, 2010

This hotel is very new, and the rooms are super clean and well-appointed for the price. A king suite at this hotel was 50% less than a 2 queen room at a nearby hotel. We stayed here with a 10 month old and a 4 year old, and the staff was super helpful. A crib was waiting for us in our room, the desk staff helped us get a ride to local shopping venues to get things we needed, and anything we requested was provided with a smile.

One night, we needed to do laundry, but the dryer was out of service. The housekeepers volunteered to let us use the hotel dryers after the load we were washing in the guest washer was finished. They took our wet clothing, dried it for us, and delivered it to our room (folded!) free of charge. They clearly go above and beyond at this hotel, and I couldn't recommend it strongly enough.

And yes, it's a great looking hotel -- not your grandma's Holiday Inn, and it's very close to the airport, has its own restaurant (though it's more like a restaurant-ette with a limited menu and limited hours) with surprisingly decent food, a bar, and a pool. I have traveled for business and pleasure to luxury hotels that this inexpensive, family-friendly, airport hotel could rival.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Kubers, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments. It is our goal to provide satisfaction to each and every guest. Please visit us on your next trip to this area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I am somewhat of a neat freak and am picky about hotels. That said, here is my review:

Front Desk: very nice staff; aim to please; professional; service with a smile

Housekeeping: excellent; very clean - no complaints; responds quickly to requests

2 Queen Bed Rooms: a little cramped for 4 people (2 adults/2children) - no room to open all 4 suitcases at the same time unless you put a couple of them on the bed; bathroom and fan both come on when you flip the switch on, (women beware, because it can be cold showering in the winter time causing goosebumps on cleanly shaven legs); someone mentioned this same problem because there is only a small light on the bathroom blow-dryer for a nightlight, however, we used the blow-dryer light and slightly cracked open the room darkening shades for a nightlight, and it worked well; the room had a mini-fridge, blow-dryer, iron.

Sleep Quality: beds & pillows very comfortable; beds are firm but have a cushion top or fluffy mattress pad and are very comfortable for sleepers in any position; pillows come in firm or soft, but if you prefers a different thickness of pillow call the front desk as they have different pillows available. This hotel is very close to the airport, but is very quiet; we did not hear planes unless we were out in the pool. The only noise we heard was the quiet hum when the elevator went up and down, but we were in room 203 which has the elevator on one side of it and another hotel room on the other side - however, the hum didn't wake us up when we were sleeping, and both my son and I are light sleepers.

Value: hotel was a great value; breakfast buffet (fresh juices included) a little pricey ($9.95 at the time) but was worth it, and our kids ate free, so it was about $5 pp. Our server was very nice and willing to assist; food was delicious; cook offered to make additional waffles for us.

Location: Kinda hard to find. Easy with these directions. Coming from I-10, go North on Hwy 143. Exit University Drive. Left onto University Drive. Left onto 48th Street. The hotel offers a shuttle to the airport also.

This hotel is only 2 months old, and we were very pleased and would highly recommend this hotel.

2 Thank pickyNEgirl
The management would like to express our gratitude to you for the very detailed review. We were pleased to know that every department had lived up to the expectations. Thanks for all the nice comments and we hope to be of service to you again when in our area.
hawaii
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Four and a half stars...We stayed here on an overnight layover on our way home from the D.C. area. This hotel is very close to the airport and they have a 24-hour shuttle that runs every 30 minutes. There is a restaurant and bar in the lobby and they gave us a coupon for a free drink in the bar. We didn't use it, but I'm sure if we had more time we would have. The rooms are new and equipped with more than enough pillows. My husband much preferred this hotel as compared to another all-suite hotel in the area with a comparable price. The only downfall for me was that with little kids, we usually leave a bathroom light on as a nightlight but the bathroom light and bathroom fan are on the same switch. That meant that we had to run the bathroom fan all night long. Otherwise, we really liked the convenience factor and great customer service here...more than adequate for an overnight layover that provides a free shuttle at all hours and is close to the airport.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Kubers, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Dear Guest,
It makes us proud to read lovely reviews such as yours, and we appreciate the time and effort taken to write it. Thank you for the comment on having a night light as I am sure many guests would appreciate having one. Hope to see you again.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Stayed for a Friday night before setting off on a Roadtrip. I needed a place to crash after 18 hours of travel. The shuttle was prompt and the drivers I had were helpful and friendly. Reception was most helpful and the bar staff receptive and attentive.
The rooms were what to be expected of a new hotel. I was given a two room suite with kitchenette, two large LG HD TV's, good coffee facilities and a good sized bathroom. The bed was more than adequate and the decor quite relaxing.
The shower had great water pressure which as I found later is unusual in some parts of Arizona. I was given a voucher for a drink and a complimentary breakfast which was well provided and set me up for the day after a swim in the pool and ten minutes in the whirlpool.
No complaints at all.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Spiderpig41
Dear Guest,
It was with great pleasure that we read your wonderful remarks about our hotel. Your comments will be shared with all the responsible staff and we look forward to having you stay with us again.
Kingston, Tennessee
Reviewed May 13, 2010

The kind folks at the front desk told me this hotel has been open only a month. I stayed here in mid May for business one weeknight. I had room 201 and it was lovely. Corner room with wrap around windows, HUGE flat panel tv, desk and leather chair with ottoman. Lovely pool ( too late to use sadly) and furnishings so new, the hall smells a little of wallpaper paste :) You won't regret staying here either since its only a few blocks from the airport and the business parks along University Dr. No free breakfast like HIE's, but I believe gold level members get a coupon for drinks in the bar, and breakfast buffet.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. You were one of our first guests and it was nice to know that you were happy in all aspects. Unfortunately, Holiday Inns do not offer the free breakfast, but, being a Priority Club member does enable you to receive many perks. Thank you for staying with us and Thank you for being a Priority club member.
Colorado Springs
Reviewed April 22, 2010

"Wow" is the best way to describe this new hotel. I was impressed by the design and the building as a whole. I had never seen a Holiday Inn like this. I guess this is the new image they are promoting but I had seen other ones and they're nothing like this. My room was very comfortable and had four pillows with different firmness levels to choose from. I had a fridge and a microwave also in my room. Breakfast was good but I cannot comment on dinner as I went out to eat with friends. Definitely coming back to stay here next time I travel to Phoenix.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ColoradoGuy_7
Dear guest,
We are so pleased we were able to "wow" you. You are right as this is a new Holiday Inn design and we are happy to know that it was commendable. We really look forward to having another opportunity to "wow" you soon.Thanks.