Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport
Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
$100
BestWestern.com
$396
$278
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront deskphoenix airportnext morningan early flightshuttle servicefree shuttlebreakfast buffetwould stay againrental carbed was comfortableone night stayi highly recommend this hotelcoffee makersky harbornice roombusiness travelerbusiness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful and the beds were very comfortable. The hotel was quiet and in close proximity to the airport and they offer an airport shuttle. The only drawback was that the hotel is not in walking distance to restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
PKuber, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We do agree with you on the restaurants, I hope you did try ours at the hotel as we have been praised over and over again about the quality and taste . We also do provide transportation to a variety of restaurants in the Tempe area around Mill Ave. Hope to serve you soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights--got a great rate on Hotwire.

When I checked in, I requested a room with a bathtub. My father, who was staying in a different hotel, helped me lug up my stuff to the 3rd floor and then left. I opened the bathroom to find just a shower--no tub. I called the front desk, and she apologized and said she'd call me back when she had found a different room. She called back to say I had to move to the 5th floor because every room on the 3rd floor had just a shower. I propped open the door and took half of my things downstairs to the front desk, got the new key, went to the 5th floor room, dumped my stuff, and then went back to the 3rd floor to get the rest of my stuff.

The new room was an accessible room for disabled people, and I was surprised to find it was over the twice the size of my old room! (Score! Ask for a bathtub, and you get some space!) I got the ice bucket and went to the ice machine, and there was a sign that the machine was broken and to go to a different floor for ice. *Irritated*

I went to bed that night, and the traffic noise from the highway was SO LOUD. I tried leaving on the bathroom fan to mask it, but the fan apparently has a motion detector so it turns off after a little while. I put a pillow over my head, but I could still hear the traffic. Finally I turned the thermostat fan from "AUTO" to "ON," and that was the ticket! I slept well after that. Still, it was one more annoyance.

The next morning I washed my hair, and when I went to turn on the hair dryer, it didn't work. I tried all kinds of buttons and pushed the red thing on the outlet to reset it, but nothing worked. I finally called down to see if the hotel had another hair dryer to loan me, and the guy said he would look. He called back to say I would just have to go to a different room to dry my hair. I very much appreciated that he came up with the key to the room rather than ask me to go downstairs with dripping hair. Still, another annoyance to schlep to a different room just to dry my hair.

I did appreciate that there was a restaurant and bar since many hotels don't have that. Every staff member I spoke to was very nice. But if I had a choice, I would probably stay at a different hotel next time, especially one not facing a busy highway.

Room Tip: If you need a room with a bathtub, you should probably call ahead and request it since it seems like a lot of these rooms have only showers. Also, I would definitely request a room NOT facing the highway.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
PKuber, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize for the different mishaps whilst you were a guest at our hotel. I can imagine the frustrations you experienced. Please be assured that this is not a common problem at our facility and you will have a much better experience if you ever stay with us again. Once again I am extremely sorry.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Clean modern room. Everything worked. Beds were comfortable and the internet was good. Elevation control on the desk chair was broken but a call to the desk brought a replacement in less than 30 minutes. The big surprise was the restaurant. It had all the charm of a cafeteria but the food and service was excellent. Firecracker calamari were big fillets like fish sticks breaded in panko bread crumbs with spicy sauce and very good. The chicken Alfredo chipoltle pasta was spicy and flavorful, not for someone with bland tastes. The $3 optional salad was served in a huge bowl and I thought they had made a mistake and brought a full dinner salad. Service was good, even though Leigh An seemed to be covering the whole dining room by herself. I never eat in Holiday Inns because their food is usually bland and overpriced. This place was worth every bit of the $58 for two with tip, appetizer, 2 entrees, extra salad and 2 beers.

Room Tip: Being close to the airport is the reason we stayed so expect some airplane noise but the hotel is very well insulated and it was not an issue for us.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thankyou for taking the time to write about your great experience. Our restaurant staff will be pleased to know how satisfied you were. We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We picked this Holiday Inn as we wanted a hotel not too far from the airport car rental place. Since we checked in on Christmas evening, the surrounding areas were quiet. Luckily the hotel restaurant was still open and our family of 5 adults ended up having dinner there (about half-hour before closing). Food was good and price was very reasonable and the service from the waiter was excellent. The front desk service was good too as the clerk was polite and he gave each of us a bottle of water (also a coupon for one free drink at the bar) at check-in. Bed was comfortable and room was clean. We were very satisfied with our one-night stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to hear about your wonderful experience at our hotel. Thank you for staying with us as well as taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We were looking for a hotel after flying in to PHX; this hotel was close by and reasonable with AARP discount. Clean room. Also has a small restaurant as there are none nearby. Recommend for just a night or so. Located in business area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,
Thank you for writing about your experience at our hotel. We hope to see you soon.