“Good Place to park your bags”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport
Ranked #59 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Lander, Wyoming
“Good Place to park your bags”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Yes, we flew into Phoenix on the way to somewhere else and decided to rest up from our flight instead of driving through the night. Good thing we did it at this hotel. Everything was AOK at the Holiday Inn. Nice room and a good rest was had. Restaurant was OK, food so so, may have been an off night or because we were late there didn't seem to be enough staff.
Would stay again and recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this property for one night when returning from a trip. This is a high end Holiday Inn with a restaurant and bar. Libby and rooms are very nice. I lucked out with a Priceline cost of $40 but even at their regular rates this is a hotel with alot if amenities if you are staying in Phoenix or just want to be close to the airport. They have a free shuttle that leaves twice an hour to the airport. I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed August 2013
liberty112
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed 1 night at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport in March 2013. The hotel was CLEAN and was ok for a one night stay. I did use the pool area and it was nice to have available. I also ordered room service from the menu in the room. The delivery time took over an hour, but the food was good when it finally did arrive. The price was high for a one night stay in what I would consider to be a "regular, average" Holiday Inn, but not outrageous. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Kubers, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Sorry for the delay in receiving the food up to your room. I am certain that is not normal. Thanks for staying with us as well as taking the time to write a review.
Peoria, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

The room was nice and the bed was comfy. I had no issues during my two night stay other than the fact that there was nothing in the area. Don't go driving around westward because you end up in an unpleasant area. Stick to the East around ASU if you're wandering or need something.

The restaurant was great (although expensive). The staff was very nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
east moriches
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had an early flight so we stayed here after our visit from Sedona.
Hotel was one of the cleanest I have stayed at
Nice pool , large rooms.
Big refrigerator.
Hotel staff was wonderful.
Free 24hr shuttle.
We checked in, dropped off our luggage. Took our rental car back to the airport, took the shuttle from the airport and went back to the hotel and had a lovely evening. Saved us an xtra day rental charge.
The pool and hotel were very nice and clean.
We just had to get up in the morning and get the shuttle that picks up 2x hr. They were on time, no stress to catch our flight.

Room Tip: Purchased this on priceline at an great price! Great to stay here if you have an early flight free...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed here on another one of my quick weekend getaways, and was very happy overall with my stay at this hotel. Overall the hotel was nice, clean, and the staff was friendly. The rooms were nicely furnished. If you don't have a car there aren't many options for things to do near this hotel, and no places to eat nearby. I believe that the hotel had a resturaunt but luckily I had a friend come pick me up so I had other options. My only complaint is more of a Holiday Inn complaint. Upon checkin I was told I was in a double room, with two queens. I was traveling alone, and perfer a larger King sized bed, but was told I would have to pay an additional fee to get a King! It doesn't make any sense to me to charge for one bed instead of two! There are less sheets to change and wash, fewer towels to wash, and I don't get the upgrade fee! Despite the fact of having to deal with two queens I was happy with my stay overall.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a step up from the usual airport hotel. It's new, spacious, well appointed, and well maintained. I stayed here recently at the end of a trip in Arizona and was pleasantly surprised.

The location is excellent, we made it to the rental car centre in 15-20 minutes at 8:00am on a weekday. The hotel is just off a major highway and very conveniently located in relation to the airport. Express checkout is offered and makes it easy to get on your way in the morning.

There is some noise from the nearby highway which means that light sleepers may want to request a room further away from it, but I found that the air conditioning essentially drowned out any noticeable noise from outside. My room was close to the elevators, but these are isolated in a sort of alcove and I didn't notice any noise from them during the night. My room also had a bar fridge and a microwave.

Overall I would recommend this for airport or local stays; it was good value, well kept, and a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Away from the highway is better, but the A/C should drown out any outside noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends