“Italian Delight”

Ranked #461 of 3,116 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: North Mountain
Description: 'Our Gang' had a name change about 2years ago to : Il Posto 9832 North 7th Street ph az. Same owner Phoenix, AZ 85020-1765 (602) 870-4122
“Italian Delight”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Good service - Good Food - Huge Portions. Lovely outside seating area that's heated when needed. Friendly staff. Great break from hotel food.

Visited March 2012

Phoenix, AZ, USA
“Sadly unspectacular, not what it once was”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

When this same restaurant was named "Our Gang" it was a neighborhood staple. My family is from New York City, and we greatly enjoyed the authentic Italian flavors at Our Gang. We were never disappointed and when I took visitors there, which was often, they would ask what was good and I'd respond "EVERYTHING". But a few years ago they closed for renovations, changed the menu, and now it's pretty hit or miss as to whether or not you'll get a good meal. I dragged my reluctant husband for Valentine's Day. He had been disappointed with the menu changes before but I eventually convinced him to give Il Posto another try. I'll never live that down. We arrived right when they opened, so we were the first ones in the place. I took that into account while we waited 15 minutes before anyone even asked us what we wanted to drink. By the time that happened the place was packed and the service didn't get any better. Though he was very personable our server seemed a bit distracted, like he was new perhaps. I might chalk it up to a busy night of couples but I only saw our server taking care of two other tables and still he never refilled drinks or checked on us once the food was delivered. The food was serviceable, but unspectacular. The calamari appetizer was good, but there were only 4 pieces of shrimp in my pasta entree, which seemed a little skimpy (as opposed to shrimpy). My husband had eggplant parmigiana, which he said was lacking in flavor. To make matters worse when we got home my husband spent a good hour in the bathroom vomiting. Not much chance we'll ever go back there. That saddens me, we used to LOVE the place.

• Visited February 2012
Cotopaxi, Colorado
“Very good strip mall Italian”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We have been to this restaurant before but we had a restaurants.com coupon we had to use. It is close to The Pointe Tapatio and provides a nice alternative to the hotel restaurants. We have eaten both inside and outside, depending on the weather. This night, with the temperatures plunging into the 50s, we ate inside although I believe that had heaters on the patio. There is also a lounge connected to it. There were TVs in the lounge which, in addition to hockey and basketball, were showing Chopped from the Food Network. You can’t hear anything in the main restaurant, which was nice. The restaurant itself was excellent so five dots for atmosphere.

Starting with the food, we enjoyed the fresh bread and pesto sauce. The bread was excellent. We ordered the fried provolone (cheese sticks) for an appetizer. They were good and the sauce was tasty. My wife had the Caesar salad, which may have been the low point of the meal. She found it dry and it did not have enough dressing. I had the baked ziti while my wife had the baked tortellini. The only complaint was that the tortellini filling didn’t have any flavor but were otherwise were very good but not excellent. Better than chain food but not quite as good as a gourmet restaurant. This is why I am giving it a four dot.

Service was the highlight. The waitress was very knowledgeable about both the menu and the restaurant.com process. The food came out quickly and our waters were refilled. Service got five dots for this reason. Prices were reasonable but the coupon made it very reasonable so five dots for value.

You might have a different experience at this restaurant if you came on a weekend. It would be much more crowded and noisier. Also it would not be as much of a value for you if you did not have a coupon. It is only open for dinner. And if you show up on a Monday, you would find it closed.

So, overall it is between 4 dots and 5 dots. Because of the coupon and service, I will round up to five.

• Visited February 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
“Loved it!!”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

What a find - it is just a few minutes down the road, and the food was amazing! Everything that was ordered, from salad to dessert, did not disappoint. The prices were reasonable, and the decor was nice. There is an outdoor patio as well. Highly recommend it!

Visited January 2012
Toronto, Canada
“One of the best restaurants in the area!!!”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Excellent Italian food - we went back 3 times. Charming small restaurant 5 min from the Pointe Hilton....Great value, good service

Visited December 2011