“Expectations Exceeded!”

and up
Sunset Hot Air Balloon Ride over Phoenix
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Experience of a Lifetime, Happening Right Now! Offering launch times of sunrise and sunset, our year-round flights are approximately one hour over the beautiful North Scottsdale and Sonoran desert area. We provide our guests a traditional champagne ceremony to commemorate your flight, a first flight certificate and locally crafted delights.We have proudly flown over 170,000 passengers and are the official ride operator of the World's Largest Balloon Event. Call to reserve your flight today and check this once in a lifetime experience off of your bucket list!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Phoenix, Arizona
“Expectations Exceeded!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I bought a Groupon for a hot air balloon ride with Rainbow Ryders, it was a surprise for my boyfriend's 30th birthday. My expectations were exceeded, from first scheduling our flight to the actual flight itself, the Rainbow Ryders crew was helpful and courteous. They started by explaining what to expect in preparing the hot air balloon to fly to how we get into the basket to how the flight would go. Our guide had a great sense of humor, made lots of jokes and made you feel very comfortable. Our flight was smooth, the guide highlighted some landmarks around the Phoenix area and the scenery was beautiful. The landing was super smooth too, all around great experience, topped off with a champagne toast and the presentation of your flight certificate. I would highly recommend flying with Rainbow Ryders, it is truly an experience of a lifetime!

Visited November 2013
RainbowRyders1, Owner at Rainbow Ryders, Inc. Hot Air Balloon Company, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
We are so glad that we exceeded your expectations. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Vancouver Island
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Amazing, exciting and fun!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

A beautiful start to the morning watching the hardworking crew fill and raise the balloon before taking off. 6 pairs in the basket, cozy but not crowded, the guide was hilarious, and I felt very safe. He talked about the handling of the balloon, local landmarks and even had the balloon hover over a water canal for an exceptional picture opportunity. Despite a tipped landing and awkward crawling out, my customer service radar was clanging on 'excellent' when he set up champagne toast with a little tablecloth, flowers and morning snacks after the ride- well done! Im hooked, and cant wait to go again.

Visited November 2013
We cannot wait to see you again. Please join us again for another adventure when you are back in our neck of the woods.
Longport, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Soar like an Eagle”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Wanted to treat my son and his girlfriend to a wonderful experience. I've been hot air ballooning before (in Sonoma California) So this wasn't my first rodeo. But I must say the professionalism of the entire staff was outstanding. Out pilot was amazing as we floated to 7700 feet. What an experience. The vans were clean and comfortable. The best part, they did all of the work -set up and take down. Clean facility and genuinely interested staff made this a most memorable trip for my son and his girl friend and of course my lovely wife of 29 years. I'd go back up tomorrow except I had to return to New Jersey. Looking forward to my next hot air balloon experience

Visited October 2013
We wish to welcome you back to join us for another flight when you return. We appreciate the amazing review.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Flying high”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We had a great flight. Our pilot Mark was awesome. I felt very comfortable and relaxed. It was amazing to soar high above, so weightless and felt like you were floating like clouds. It has been something that I always wanted to do and I am glad that Rainbow Ryders provided me with the best opportunity. I loved the champagne toast and pin afterwards to commemorate a great experience.

Visited September 2013
RainbowRyders1, Owner at Rainbow Ryders, Inc. Hot Air Balloon Company, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We love providing that amazing experience to our passengers.
Phoenix, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“"Romantic" birthday surprise! (not)”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

It was a special occasion what brought me to have this experience. It was my boyfriends birthday, I wanted to surprise him with OUR FIRST time Hot Air Balloon ride in celebration of his BD. When I called I asked about the sunrise ride and if they offered a brunch and champagne toast with the flight. I was told YES and that it would be done after the flight was completed, that staff would set up a table and serve the brunch and champagne, certificates and pin ceremony. I was so excited about the romantic and unique experience that was being presented I booked the flight. I also asked the typical FIRST timer questions and was told that all the information was going to be e-mailed to me. I felt that was a bit rude and inconsiderate, but brushed it off thinking they probably get asked these questions all the time and I'll wait for the e-mail.
Well the DATE came and we got to the location and everything was great, we had 3 different locations for start up and finally were able to start getting the process started, by then the sun was already out so SUNRISE was viewed from the ground as we waited. Finally ready to board and due to the fact 2 people did not showed up we were PACKED LIKE SARDINES in to ONE hot air balloon, and then a shower of some kind of BUGS fell all OVER US (SO DISGUSTING) I was ready to jump out the basket,OMG. It was very HOT and there is noise at times which is normal but Once the balloon was in flight it was very beautiful, even though we can not really move around to comfortably take pictures, up in the air for 1hr 20 minutes.. our pilot Mark was a true pro and was very friendly and knowledgeable I must give him credit. The LANDING was good, thank GOD!!! (in a unexpected area but its understandable some things are out of control) Well we NEVER had that romantic brunch in the Sonoran DESERT as promised, we were taken immediately back to the office and we were given in this very tight space, a dusty flute glass to have a champagne toast and pinning/certificate with prepackaged cheese danish. I was very disappointed, Not what I payed for,...I am sharing an honest review.

Visited September 2013
10 Thank Dolce G
RainbowRyders1, Owner at Rainbow Ryders, Inc. Hot Air Balloon Company, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
We were sorry to hear that your experience was not what you expected. We suspect that you may have had some confusion with another hot air balloon company that offers a little bit different package. We offer a continental breakfast and celebratory toast. This is how it is presented and marketed everywhere throughout our company. Other companies may state other items but this is what we offer. We do sometimes have breakfast in the desert. However with the Arizona heat we have an air conditioned facility that we utilize often. On our sunrise flight we do fly until right at sunrise which is a calmer time with the wind. We also need the light to fly. We do not fly in the dark. Additionally we did contact Mark and he informed us that what was rolling out of the balloon was not bugs but a little loose gravel which gets caught in the balloon and shakes loose during the inflation process. Additionally the the basket you were in had 11 people that morning. This basket holds 12-14 total. Hot air ballooning is a rugged outdoor sport which has a level of sport not suitable for some. We at the mercy of Mother Nature. Our goal is to fly as safely as possible. This why you had to move locations for take off a couple of times. Safety is top priority! Sorry this adventure was not to your expectation. We were not informed of any issues on the day of your flight however much of this could have been cleared up at that time.