“Great local breakfast place, never too crowded”
Review of Acacia Cafe - CLOSED

Acacia Cafe
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Wonderful omelets and very fresh. Is always made to order, so don't go here expecting a fast breakfast. The turkey sausage is ground when in the omelets and the back is very nice and crunchy. When the weather is nice, there is a great porch to sit on with some shade. The staff is very friendly. They do orders to go and open earlier than many other breakfast places in the area. Always a place to visit when I'm back in Phoenix.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We found this place after dropping my mom at the airport for an early flight; they open at 5am! The breakfast sandwiches are large enough for two to share, and at $4.50 are a great value. The veggie sandwich was served on a lovely toasted ciabatta, and the southwestern was filled with flavorful tender adobada with fresh cut peppers and onions. We'll definitely eat here again. I'd like to try one of the lunch selections, but the breakfast selections are available all day.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

My co-worker invited me to try this place for lunch because their food is really good and she was right. The prices of their food are reasonable. The first time I visited this place we received great service. However, the second time, the cashier/server looked so tense maybe because the line was long and she had to do the "cashiering" and serving. When it was my turn to order food, she asked me to wait because she needed to take some order to a customer's table. When she took my order, she seemed tense and I felt tense too. I still recommend this place. However, I hope they will
assign a person whose role is just to take orders and
receive payment especially when it is busy.

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

When I'm in Phoenix I come here for breakfast every time. Food is tasty and fresh, fruit is as well, they have espresso also. Love this place

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Acacia Cafe is the local eatery that everyone wished was around the corner from them. I'm fortunate: For me it is They serve breakfast and lunch, and you'll find locals starting their day there, and area workers taking out and dining in for lunch. Mike, the owner, was a VP for a chain of successful restaurants and decided to open his own place some years ago. He knows the food business in and out. His philosophy: You get the best by starting with the best. This he does, but somehow manages to keep the prices surprisingly low.

His breakfast menu features the "South By Southwest" burro (with carne adobada, grilled peppers and onions, cheese & pico de gallo), Cafe Omelet(3 eggs & choice of 3 veggie fillings), Belgian Waffle(with butter, syrup and/or fruit topping), along with other traditional fare. Lunch has cold deli sandwiches, hot panini sandwiches and fresh salads. The "Rueben-esque" on marble rye is the best corned beef sandwich I've ever had(he makes all his bread here--and his soup early every morning!). The salads include "Cashew Chicken," "Southwest Ranch," "Baby Spinach," among others. All the paninis and salads are excellent. If you make the trip, you won't be disappointed.