“Creative”

Children’s Museum of Phoenix
Ranked #7 of 234 things to do in Phoenix
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We took our 6 year old granddaughter who lives in Phoenix. This museum was so creative. All the employees were so nice and helpful. Almost everything is recycled. Some extremely clever minds were at work putting this place together. The climbing area with old angle iron and bath tubs; old umbrellas hanging from the ceiling; old CD's catching light hanging off a wall. A room where the child (and adult) can paint and make paper crafts was wonderful. Volunteers are there to guide you along. I highly recommend this place for any child.

1  Thank Case919

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I went back and forth deciding between poor and average for this museum. It was tricky. This museum is big and beautiful with TONS to do----for VERY small children. A lot of the museum is simply "artsy"--and it's great to expose your children to art--but lots of it was just things to look at. Children's museums USUALLY contain lots of hands on exhibits. The centerpiece of the museum was a huge playground, you can see it in the pictures, and to be honest, it was one of the only things for my 10 year olds to do. We were in and out within an hour because there was just nothing for older children and at nearly 50 bucks for us to get in, that was disappointing. As other members have pointed out, most exhibits lacked educational value and were simply "something to do". As other users also pointed out, many exhibits have more than one entrance or exit, not much structure. A lot of work went into this museum, I can tell. But I encourage the owners to think about adding more exhibits with perhaps a focus on science or music. And consider when it says, "children's museum", that includes children over 5. I teach 2nd grade and I can assure you my 8 year olds would also have grown bored quickly. The staff was friendly and the gift shop had tons of unique items I have not seen elsewhere, but beyond that, I feel as if I wasted my money.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Hands on experience for kids and so many things to do. We spent 2 fulls there and kids were not bored at all. In order to save money, we took the annual membership .

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My toddler loves this place. He could have spent all day riding the bikes through the "car wash", "serving" ice cream, climbing the three-story play structure, "grocery shopping" and doing arts and crafts. He had a blast here and was perfectly tired out afterwards.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We go back again and again. I never have to ask the grandkids twice. They love the atrium play cage, the fort, the grocery, the play kitchen, and the art studio. A wonderful way to get out of the heat and have some fun. Parents and grandparents in the know will add this to their routine with the kids and grandkids, because you never have to hear those disturbing words: "I'm bored" again.