“Great For The Kids”

Children’s Museum of Phoenix
Ranked #7 of 233 things to do in Phoenix
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I dislike driving into the city for anything, but the Phoenix Children's Museum was amazing!! Both my 2 year old and 8 month old had a BLAST! There was so much to see and do, we didn't get to half of it! I actually can't wait to go back and explore some more. The art room on the second floor was great, and I loved the reading area on the third floor. It is great for children of any age.

2  Thank jeander6

Reviewed May 5, 2013

First, let me admit that I simply do NOT enjoy being around lots of screaming children! But, when my daughter asked me to accompany her when she took my two grandsons (ages 7 and almost 2) to the Phoenix Children's Museum, I said yes.

Those two boys had an absolute blast! Every room is a different experience and the gigantic play structure in the atrium is any kid's dream come true! I was appreciative that there were unobtrusive, but available attendants scattered throughout the building. They didn't interfere, but they were instantly helpful when needed.

There was also, of course, the ever-present parents who don't care if their kids are bullies. One boy who looked to be around 9 or 10 shoved my 7 year-old grandson out of his way as he climbed into a structure, as his mother watched. I said "really?" to her and she rolled her eyes at me. If you can restrain yourself from beating up parents who don't give a crap, then you will be just fine at this place.

Watch out for the magnetic gift shop with its overpriced items. Most of the stuff you can get elsewhere for much less money, but as anyone knows, explaining this to a child is next to impossible. We did leave with a venus flytrap. Yes, I know.

Parking was free. We also received a wonderful surprise upon reaching the ticket counter. This place was on the FREE list for Bank of America customers. So my daughter and I each showed our BOA check cards and did not have to pay for our entry fee. We did pay for the children. The BOA FREE list changes from month to month, so if you are a customer, you should check it out!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The Phoenix Children's Museum is a wondrous place for children from ages one to twelve. The first thing you see when you walk in is this wondrously tall climbing tower. The best thing about it is that it is in a confined space so that while the children are playing, you do not have to worry about them getting out at another point and wandering off. As we worked our way through the museum, each exhibit was better than the next. Every place we walked, the kids were engaged and loving it. There is also an area where you can sit down and buy a light lunch. Many of the attractions have another area where the very young can climb, play and/or read. Admission is $11/pp for anyone over the age of two.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

You could stay there all day with your children and have a blast. It is very creative and well planned. We went on a Sunday morning at 10 AM and left about 2 PM when it started getting
crowded. I usually get bored during these things, but not here. It was wonderful and worth every penny of the $11 fee for everyone age 1 and up.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We brought our 2 grandsons from CA. there while there parents went on vacation in Mexico. The boys are 5 & 10 years old. The oldest was not happy going to a children's museum but after we got inside he didn't want to leave. It's geared for 3-11 year old kids. If your child is younger and stuck in a stroller don't bother going. VERY imaginative things for them to do. The big play structure at the entrance is 4 stories high and completely safe.