“Perfect for young kids” 4 of 5 stars

232 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Perfect for young kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Great place to have fun with kids.this museum provide a variety of hands-on activities including science and dramátic play.the reading areas were comfortable and i was so excited to see books in other languages.the bathrooms are clean n well design for young children.the food was pricey.this museum was our perfect choice for our spring break.Definately will visit this place again.

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A fun time for little ones”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was a very interactive, 3 story museum geared to the younger
set. One the main floor ( and soaring up to the 3rd floor) is a fantastic climbing exhibit that seems to be a hit with the younger set, and even the parents. The kids were drawn to it, and just had a wonderful time exploring the 'flying' bathtub, the rowboat with legs & feet, the crows nest, and tunnels.

Visited March 2013
Arkport, New York
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“GREAT PLACE FOR KIDS OF ALL AGES.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I took my 21 year old granddaughter to this museum yesterday. My son and daughter in law stayed at the Sheraton Hotel which was only 3 blocks away which was extremely convenient to walk from the hotel. Even though the place was very crowded with school kids, they have a separate room for 3 and under children. My granddaughter had such a great time, she didn't want to leave. The museum even allows people to bring outside food into the museum. They were extremely accommodating and the employees were very pleasant.

Visited March 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“All about the play”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had a short trip on a long weekend hampered by errands and limited funs. Our trip to the Phoenix Children's Museum was the perfect fit when our schedule needed to be revised. Fun colorful and engaging, my daughter loved the play aspect of the exhibits. There are many Children's Museums with what seem to be unlimited funds, but as an ecoconscious family we appreciated the emphasis on household items used creatively and the common types of play that kids can make from their surroundings. The sofa pillow and blanket make a fort room was a great hit as was the pool noodle forest. My daughter is grade school aged but we prize using our imagination and active play so she had fun and was not bored. Not so big that a quick trip would seem rushed. Having a membership would be the thing for local families. Just the place for indoor play, time away from technology and out of the heat. I was worried about parking downtown, but the bright parking lot, well lit and with security cameras made us feel safe from a break in that could have ruined our trip.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Lynn D
Halifax, NS, Canada
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Fun time for young children”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I took my almost 6 yr old son and almost 4 yr old daughter, along with a 8 yr old niece. They all enjoyed it very much, but it is definitely better for the 6 and unders. There are quite a few fun things to do. We went on a weekday and it was still sort of busy, but they were able to participate in all the things they wanted to - they just had to share sometimes.

The art room was a highlight for my kids, to my surprise. The staff there were fantastic. Very patient and helpful. The kids could paint a large rocket ship and colour and do a craft and some other things.

We saved the giant playground downstairs until the end. In total, I'd say we were there 2 hours.

It is not cheap, but it is a fun treat for the kids. One thing, though, the name 'museum' makes it sound like more of a learning adventure than it proves to be. Kids CAN learn things, especially if an adult could explain to them how some things work, but there is so much fun stuff around it is hard for them to take time to listen and learn! It isn't presented as a scientific learning experience, and there aren't staff around explaining that side of things. I guess I am comparing it to something similar I have visited in Halifax, NS (The Discovery Centre) which is more built around learning.

Nonetheless, it is a fun time for young kids.

And it is nice that they have shelters / roofs in the parking lot so your car doesn't get boiling hot in the sun.

Visited November 2012