“Great choice for a day outing!”

Children’s Museum of Phoenix
Ranked #7 of 234 things to do in Phoenix
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Better than your average children's museum. Delighted both adults and children, something for every age. Especially loved the high wire bicycle ride over the lobby.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

My family came to this childrens museum for little brother and had a blast. Believe it or not it's not just fun for the kids, but it's also fun for the teens and parents. There is so much to do here like the noodle forest is fun place to play tag and hide and seek, the giant playground thing in the first room, the kids car wash, and so much more. Not only will the kids be having, but they will be learning as they play.

1  Thank Ayayitstiffany
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My husband was working in Phoenix and my 4-year twins and I were on our own during the day. I met a local who highly recommended the Phoenix Children's Musuem and we were not disappointed!

My kids couldn't check out all the things fast enough! The great news is that most of the areas have one entrance and exit so as a mom, you can feel comfortable to let your kids explore on their own.

Some of the things offered the day we were there was drum circle in the music room and fun Thanksgiving crafts in the art room. They even got to help paint the rocket ship in that room.

The BIG favorite was the three story climber. Let me tell you, that will surely wear out the kiddos! I can't say enough positive things about our adventues at this museum. If our travels take us back to Phoenix, we will certainly be back for another visit!!

Reviewed September 27, 2011

Looking for something to do in the hot Phoenix summer to keep your toddlers / wee ones entertained? Check out the Phoenix Children's Museum. There are TONS of things for kids to do. They can explore the foam jungle, climb the biggest indoor treehouse I've ever seen, play "grocery store" complete with shopping carts, check out counters, etc. and many other activities. Its a little pricy ($11 per adult and child over 1 yr old) so try to find a coupon. Or you can go for free on the First Friday of every month... only issue is, it is PACKED on First Fridays. For my experience, I would rather pay and get in without the wait / crowds.

1  Thank Todd P
Reviewed September 26, 2011

The Children's Museum of Phoenix is a fabulous museum for little ones. It is three stories high, and each level has so much to offer. There is a huge climbing structure on the first floor. It will take your child's breath away upon first sight! The second and third floors have several rooms to visit such as an art room (with various crafts to do, painting, etc.), the noodle forest, a market, a fort room, an "under 3s" room, and much more. There is also an area to ride little bikes & scooters through a "car wash". Super cute!

Basics:
Unlike many downtown attractions, parking is not a problem here. They have their own (free) parking lot.
It costs $11 to get in for everyone ages 1 and older.
I would recommend this museum for children ages 7 and younger. Older children may get bored rather quickly.
You can take your own food & snacks in, or you may purchase food in their cafe. Food must be eaten in designated area.
Avoid going on days when there are field trips! The crowds get a bit overwhelming, and a lot of the kids are older than I'd prefer.

Take your camera & have fun!

4  Thank Mileo-Mileo