“FUN-due”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2 miles west of the I-10, north side of road
Description: The Melting Pot Restaurant is where fun is cooked up fondue style. Romantic for Couples and Great in a Group. Our Ahwatukee restaurant is easily accessible from I-10. Take the "E Ray Road" exit off the I-10 and travel 2 miles west into the Ahwatukee Foothills. The modern yet warm casually elegant atmosphere sets the mood for a relaxing evening. The leisurely paced four-course experience begins with a cheese fondue prepared table side. A fresh salad follows while your entrée pot heats up. You’ll simmer a variety of tantalizing meats, seafood and vegetables. Each morsel is hot, fresh and delicious and all entrées are accompanied by an array of dipping sauces to add to the flavorful fun. Chocolate fondue is the finale, all served with decadent dippers. Most make reservations for the four-course dining experience but more than a few have stopped by to satisfy that cheese fondue or chocolate craving. Hand crafted cocktails and great wine list.
Gilbert, Arizona
“FUN-due”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

It's all about the experience. Had a lot of fun socializing at the table even though the food was average. It was a bit confusing trying to order for three people as everyone has to agree on the pot sauce. The table settled on the Traditional Swiss cheese pot, the Mojo dinner pot and S'mores chocolate pot. YUM! I ordered the "Delight" entree which came with an assortment of meats and vegetables while another family member ordered the "Land and Sea", an entree consisting of lobster tail and filet mignon. For only a dollar less, we were all surprised how little food the "Land and Sea" came with. Also, the sirloin steak in the "Delight" was much better than the filet. I would recommend spending the extra buck for a more satisfying meal. Overall, worth trying.

• Visited June 2013

Phoenix
“I Love this Place!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I took my daughter here for her 18th birthday. We made reservations and were seated right away. We ordered the 4 course dinner for a set price. We chose the spinach and artichoke cheese fondue and it was delicious. We then had a salad. I had the house salad and it was delicious with peppercorn ranch. I'm not a big salad eater but this salad was good. We then each had our own entree' that we cooked in the mojo broth. We then had the original chocolate which was milk chocolate with peanut butter to dip an assortment of strawberries, cheesecake, brownies, and other treats into.
The bill for 3 people came to about $140 and we were pretty full. The server was very friendly and took good care of us. The manager came by and said hi and we also received a complimentary picture in a frame.

Thank you for a wonderfully fun and delicious evening. I'm sure we'll be back again soon!

• Visited March 2013
Ahwatukee, Arizona, United States
“Simply an Average-Boring Restaurant”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

When the weather is cold one of the best dinners can be a good fondue. Our challenge was that our favorite fondue restaurant is Auberge de Saviese in Geneva, Switzerland, and we needed something a little closer to home in Arizona, so we made reservations at The Melting Pot of Ahwatukee. We really have very few fondue restaurants in Arizona, so we are sort of stuck with a chain such as the Melting Pot. Fondue would be a wonderful cuisine for an independent one-of-a-kind restaurant such as our favorite one in Geneva.

Whenever I go to The Melting Pot I remember why it has been such a long time since I last went. While the fondue is okay, the overall experience of the restaurant is rather boring. It appears to be always busy, but with a younger crowd that evidently views the dining experience as something special. When prices start approaching a fine dining experience I become disappointed that I did not go to a fine dining restaurant instead. The service was friendly although we did not see our waitress very often. For the stock of our fondue bowl we selected at an additional cost the Coq au Vin which was quite nice and most certainly an improvement over their standard Bourguignonne or Bouillon stock. The filet mignon that we ordered was good and accompanied by a nice variety of vegetables. Beef in US fondue restaurants tends to be cubed versus thinly sliced which is common in Europe. We prefer the thinly sliced.

There were a variety of sauces supplied for the fondue with the Curry being quite nice. We would have liked to seen a sauce with a little more sizzle such as a Chimichurri for the beef. The filet and vegetables more than filled us, so we passed on any of the fondue deserts. One thing I found to be quite amateurish of the restaurant was for them to indicate on the bill what the suggested gratuity should be for standard service, above average service or excellent service. Even their suggestion for standard service was the gross amount of the bill including tax. I have been dining out long enough that I do not require the restaurant to advise me what I should tip.

Will we be back? No, I don’t think so. There are simply just too many better restaurants in the Phoenix area for that price category.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Robert V
Chandler, Arizona
“Perfect NYE Experience”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Came here with my sister and brother in law for New Year's Eve. What a wonderful decision. We had 7pm reservations and it was nice to arrive and be seated immediately. The place was busy, but very well organized. The food is good, but I have to say it's the overall experience that earns the five stars. Tonight, that experience was facilitated by a very delightful server by the name of Lisa. We had the French onion cheese fondue for starters, I had a Caesar salad. The pine nuts are wonderful, I think they were candied, which added a great sweet and savory component. We went with the coque vin (sp?). It is really a great broth for the entree. We did the cuts and added a couple lobster tails. All wonderful. Then dessert. Oh my yum. We went with the snicker doodle which was chocolate, peanuts, butterscotch schnapps, and baileys. Wow. As if we weren't already full. It was like we were addicts and couldn't stop. Until we realized if we kept going it wasn't going to be pretty. The meal included champagne toast and they gave us each a swag bag which included their wonderful wine salt and a voucher for $25! They also took our picture and we each got a framed copy as a momento. I was very impressed. Usually I like to go all out for New Year's Eve and go out and hit up a party scene. This year I wanted something low key with family and The Melting Pot gave 2012 the perfect send off. I want to give a special thanks to Lisa for being so tremendously awesome.

Chandler, Arizona
“Romantic and Great Food”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We have only been to this restaurant twice but have had wonderful experiences both times. The food is always good, and fresh! Everything has a great flavor. We love the mojo cooking style. But the dessert is unreal. We could go there just for the dessert! It is more expensive to us but dinner takes about 2.5 hours if you go for the four course.

• Visited May 2012