“Five Star hotels, look out!!!!”

WoodSpring Suites Phoenix I-17 North
NASHVILLE
“Five Star hotels, look out!!!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was impressed with the Customer service. They were always willing to assist. I did check in early with no problem. All items in the room had been refreshed. I mean new bedspreads, blankets and a new shower curtain. The carpet had been cleaned as well. I was told that after every stay, the completely clean and add new items for the next guest. It was very refreshing.
My only concern, you have to buy dishes for $44. It is called a dish pack and you did get to keep it. Not too bad, but I was pleased with the property.

Room Tip: Try this property in this area. I was pleased and will stay here again. Will and staff are awesome.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
LIPVP, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Phoenix I-17 North, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We would like to thank you for your review. Our goal at Value Place is to exceed the expectation of our guest...we are happy that we were able to do that for you. We do hope if in need of extended stay again that Value Place will be your hotel of choice.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Avon, Indiana
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I had a business meeting session down there for about 2 months. I had no problems with Will or the other staff. It was exactly what I needed; a mini kitchen, TV, nice clean bathroom etc. I basically was only in my room when I was sleeping or doing laundry. I was out almost every weekend exploring Arizona when I wasn't doing business during the week. Overall, it was a pleasant stay, and I got what I paid for. Most importantly, I was there during the hottest time of the year and the AC was AMAZING with no additional cost to me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
LIPVP, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Phoenix I-17 North, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We would like to thank you for your feedback. All guest feedback is used for motivation and continued training. We are very pleased that your stay was all you and Value Place expected it to be. We do hope that if you are in need of an extended stay again that we will be your hotel of choice. Thank you again
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Mr williams at the front desk was truely a professional,and the whole value place staff was very professional and helpful,and made my stay at value place dunlap,in phoenix az,very peaceful,i shall be back in less then thirty days,i am looking forward to the value place dunlap team too putting a cheese burgers and chilli hot dogs vending machine in the first floor vending machine area.and also the metro center mall is in walking distance,from the hotel,there is a fudruckers burgers restaurant, 750 feet from the value place hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank joey s
Payson, Arizona
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The nature of my business has my wife and I staying in Phoenix 8 months at a time every year. Since our primary residence is in Payson Az, we utilize the accomodations of extended stay chains. After staying at other chains and Value Place locations in the past we have settled for Value Place Dunlap for the past 3 years. Here, they have them all beat for price, cleanliness, room size and, most importantly, friendly and helpful staff. We personally thank Will, Nick, and Vicki for their efforts in making a stay there a pleasant and welcoming experience.

P.S. Have a wonderful summer Will. Ginger & I are looking forward to seeing you again this Fall.

Room Tip: Your room is your home away from home. Extended stay accomodations aren't a vacation hotel on th...
Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Joseph J
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was in Phoenix for a month to get some hiking done. I decided on the Value Place Dunlap
location because its close to the hiking trails. There are three affordable hotels to stay in this area. Value Place, Home Stead, and the Budget Lodge. No human being should ever stay at
the Budget Lodge. I reviewed them also with pics. And you wont believe how
filthy that place is. Ignore that place altogether. But Anyway.

The Value Place hotel at Dunlap is in a great location if you are in Arizona for hiking or backpacking. You are walking distance from trails that go in four directions for at least 15 miles each way. So you get at least four days straight of beautiful non stop scenery.
But thats not the only reason to stay there. You are also in walking distance to just about anything else you can think of. Right across the street there is a mall called Metrocenter Mall. Its a huge complex with stores inside the mall and outside. Any retail store you can think of is probably located there. They even have an amusement park called Castles N' Coasters. It sits on about 10 acres of land and has roller costers, drop towers, etc.

A mile south to Northern Blvd there is a Kmart. And grocery stores Albertsons and Sprouts are located on 19th and Norththern.

Now about Value Place. As advertised it is clean, safe, and very affordable. Will was the Manager while I was there, and he's a really nice guy. My room was clean all through out.
All the appliances were name brand. Huge fridge. Air conditioner blew ice cold on 90 degree days. They take security serious because there are security cameras everywhere. I paid a monthly rate advertised in the local paper of $699 for the month. There is a $100 security deposit. I paid with a credit card and got the deposit back in two days.

I want to give this hotel a huge thumbs up for their internet service. There is no wireless. Its wired in the room. It cost $10 a week or $25 a month. And the speeds are over 50Mbps.
I travelled all over the country and even at 4 star hotels I have never seen speeds that high in a hotel.

So over all my stay was fantastic. Never had a single problem. Got a lot of hiking done and took some beautiful pictures. I noticed the negative feedback from other people and I have to say its the farthest thing from the truth. Will the Manager was great, and very hospitable. Some of the comments were about his race, so that should tell you all you need to know.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank HuffyWalks
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The reception And lobby was decent. It wasn't until I went into the room to see what I gotten myself into. The carpet looked dirty so I didn't bother to take my shoes off. The bed was comfortable but I'm pretty sure it might have had bed bugs .... Anyways ... I'll know now to read reviews before booking a hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Persianhoney
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Booked hotel based on "value" averaging $30 a night for a minimum of 7 nights. Picked location due to business location for my project I was working on while in Phoenix. City has 3 Value Place hotels and this one has the cheapest rates due to the sketchy location near Metro Center mall and the many sub-par budget hotels up and down the I-17. If you are a family, stay at the 101 freeway location as this is the best location out of the three available in Phoenix. OK, now for the "get ready" things you will need to prepare for before you arrive here. First, check in is a nightmare. There was never a check-in desk person on duty. You had to ring on-site manager on a phone on the wall. Took more than 20 min each time to get the on-site manager to come to the front desk to check-in and check-out. Next, company takes an upfront deposit of $100 (charged to your CC immediately OR cash taken). Money refunded to your card a week following a room check for damage upon checkout. Weekly rate only (no night per night stays available) are charged up front so bring plenty of cash for your bill if you are not paying by CC. Next, and this is a biggie.......NO toilet paper, soap, shampoo or bathroom essentials are provided so be sure to pack some for your trip. Closest grocery store is 1.3 miles away on NORTHERN ave. Now, please note there is NO STOVE in the unit. Just a cooktop and micro. So, if you plan to cook, bring food items that you can cooktop or micro only. Rooms are standard but clean. Beds are standard and nothing special. Bring your OWN pillows as the ones provided are super hard and small. Towel service is on your own. Remember, this is a long term stay hotel (one week minimum) so you will be responsible for keeping your room during your stay and swaping dirty towels when needed. NOTE....You can only swap a complete set of towels at one time. No swaping towels one by one. That means you will need to take ALL of the towel set up to the front desk to swap for a complete NEW set. No exceptions to this rule (watch as you had your dirty towels to the front desk person (if he/she is even there) the face when they put their rubber gloves on to take your dirty towels.....they are not happy they have to do this!......makes you feel like you are doing something wrong......I just want some clean towels please!). Another recommendation for this property......Entrance to the hotel is a bit tricky. You can easily miss the entrance if you are not careful. The road leading to the hotel is a ONE WAY that runs parallel to the I-17. You have to watch carefully for the entrance of the hotel on this one way street. If you miss it, you have to get back on the freeway, travel a mile and a half to Northern ave and exit and turn around to come back to Dunlap and try again. Be on alert for the entrance. All in all, a very standard hotel but hopefully my recommendations on what to expect and bring with you will help ease some of the issues I experienced during my week stay there this past November 2012.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor are most quite
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JayJay1011
LIPVP, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Phoenix I-17 North, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for your feedback. Please know that all comments and concerns are shared with the manager and staff and when applicable used as an additional training tool. Thank you again.